ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, April 13, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of March 30, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
1) Update on the 2020 Strategic Plan: A Clear Vision for Rapid City’s Future – Mayor Alan Hanks.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Thrush Drive Vehicle Tracking – Alderman Aaron Costello. (Continued from the March 30, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
3) Sidewalks for South Side of the 100 Block of New York Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the March 30, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) Status of Street Design Criteria Manual – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the March 30, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
5) PW041310-01 – Black Hills Power Rate Increase – Alderman Lloyd LaCroix. (Continued from the March 30, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
6) Review of Council Notification Procedures – Alderpersons Kooiker, Weifenbach and Martinson. (Forwarded from the April 5, 2010, City Council Meeting)
7) TIF Amendments and Interest Rates – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) PW041310-02 – Change Order No. 3 to Rangel Construction Co. LLC for Fire Station No. 7, Project No. FD08-1767, for an increase of $2,497.93.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
9) PW041310-03 – Knollwood Drainage Outfall Elements 2 & 20, Project No. DR04-1390 / CIP No. 50312. Estimated cost: $2,160,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
10) PW041310-04 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Dream Design International, Inc. for Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777, in the amount of $30,630.00.
RAPID TRANSIT DIVISON
11) PW041310-05 – Request authorization to submit grant application (amendment) to Federal Transit Administration for operating assistance for the balance of CY 2010.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
12) 10EX033 – Request to waive the requirement to install sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.16.080 - Powwow Gardens and Indian Art Market in the Original Town of Rapid City.
13) 10EX034 – Request to waive requirement to install sidewalk along Edwards Street per City Ordinance 12.16.080 - Dakotah Steakhouse Lots A & B of Lot 1 of Lot D less Lot H1, K-W Subdivision, Section 28, T2N, R8E, Pennington County, South Dakota
14) 10EX035 – Request to waive requirement to install sidewalk along Elk Vale Road per City Ordinance 12.16.080 - Dakotah Steakhouse Lots A & B of Lot 1 of Lot D less Lot H1, K-W Subdivision, Section 28, T2N, R8E, Pennington County, South Dakota
15) No. 10CA009 - Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 and 10, T1N, R7E – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to adopt the Red Dale Drainage Basin Design Plan on the Red Dale Drainage Basin located in all or portions of Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 and 10, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Jackson Boulevard and west of 32nd Street.