ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 27, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of October 13, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Report on Traffic Signal at Founder's Park Drive and Omaha Street
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
2) No. PW102709-01 – Jackson Springs Water Transmission Mains, Project No. WTP09-1836 / CIP No. 50780. Estimated Cost of Project: $4,250,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
3) No. PW102709-02 – Agreement with U.S. Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, to submit all data and documentation to comply with 44 CRF 65.10 in accrediting the Sheridan Lake Drive Levee.
4) No. PW102709-03 – Agreement with U.S. Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, to submit all data and documentation to comply with 44 CRF 65.10 in accrediting the Railroad-Maple Street Levee.
5) No. PW102709-04 – Agreement with U.S. Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, to submit all data and documentation to comply with 44 CRF 65.10 in accrediting the St. Patrick Street Levee.
6) No. PW102709-05 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement Between City of Rapid City and the SD Department of Transportation for the acquisition of highway right of way for project NH 2016(17)64, PCN 6875 further described as US16B from US 16 to SD79 in Rapid City.
7) No. PW102709-06 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement Between City of Rapid City and TSP, Inc. for the Flormann Street Down Spout Project, Project No. DR08-1754 / CIP No. 50743, for an increase of $3,360.00.
8) No. PW102709-07 – Covenant Agreement Between City of Rapid City and Daene and Jamie Boomsma regarding their on-site waste water system.
9) No. PW102709-08 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for the Jackson Boulevard Utilities-Rapid Creek Bridge to Mountain View Road, Project No. SSW08-1509 / CIP No. 50351, in the amount of $227,431.00.
10) No. PW102709-09 – Request Authorization to seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Engineering Services for Levee Certification, Project No. DR09-1840 / CIP No. 50756. Estimated Cost: $50,000.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
11) No. 09RD005 - Century 21 Subdivision – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution for a Road Name Change renaming a portion of Century Road to Utica Street on Century Road right-of-way abutting that portion of Tract 1 of Century 21 Subdivision lying north of Lot H1 of Tract 1 of Century 21 Subdivision, located in the NW1/4 of Section 32, T2N, R8E, and in the SW1/4 of Section 29, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located Century Road north of the intersection of E. Anamosa Street and Century Road.