ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 13, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 29, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
1) Presentation on projects receiving funding from the Opportunity Capture Fund – Mayor Alan Hanks.
2) No. CC100509-02.4 – Rapid River Subdivision Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS06-1587 / CIP No. 50653 (Opened September 29, 2009).
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) No. PW101309-01 – Change Order No. 1F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for the South Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS08-1775 / CIP No. 50755, for a decrease of $3,533.17.
4) No. PW101309-02 – Change Order No. 1F to Hills Materials Company for the Street Rehabilitation Project – Mahoney, Dakota Ridge, W. Omaha & Hall Street Areas, Project No. ST09-1799 / CIP No. 50549, for a decrease of $10,111.16.
5) No. PW101309-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for the Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension – Phase 2, Project No. SS08-1729 / CIP No. 50726, for a decrease of $26,207.41.
6) No. PW101309-04 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for the Street Rehabilitation Project – Copperfield Drive Area, Project No. ST09-1798 / CIP No. 50549, for an increase of $4,931.30.
7) No. PW101309-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for the Locust Street & Fairmont Boulevard Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. W09-1813 / CIP No. 50766, for an increase of $173.15.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
8) No. PW101309-06 – Equipment Rental Rates for Snow Removal Operations, Estimated Cost of Project: $50,000.
9) No. PW101309-07 – Catron Boulevard/Highway 16B Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1782 / CIP No. 50396. Estimated Cost of Project: $950,000.00.
10) No. PW101309-16 – Snow Removal Operations for the City Parking Lots and Ramp, Estimated Cost of Project: $30,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) No. PW101309-08 – Amendment to Lease between the City of Rapid City and Jefferson Partners, L.P., dated April 1, 2008.
12) No. PW101309-09 – Funding Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and the SD Department of Transportation for the St. Joseph Street Landscaping Project, Project No. ST09-1818 / CIP No. 50771, for reimbursement to the City up to $250,000.00.
13) No. PW101309-10 – Agreement Between the SD Department of Transportation and the City of Rapid City – Snowplowing Activities.
14) No. PW101309-11 – Memorandum of Understanding Between the Pennington County Highway Department and the City of Rapid City – Exchange of Snow Routes.
15) No. PW101309-12 – 5th Street Pedestrian Crossing Study, Fairmont Boulevard to Oakland Street – John Less.
16) No. PW101309-13 – Approve Resolution Establishing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for the Block 110 Original Townsite Sanitary Sewer Extension, East Boulevard Area (Kansas City Street to Quincy Street), Project No. SS08-1752 / CIP No. 50742.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
17) No. PW101309-14 – Request Permission to Purchase One 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe for Rapid Transit Support Vehicle from State Contract, #24745, from Beck Motors, Pierre, SD. Vehicle is budgeted item and will be paid for 100% from FTA. Cost of Vehicle: $26,523.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
18) No. 09FV012 - Boulevard Addition – A request by Bret Swanson to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence in the 25 foot front yard setback on the north 63 feet of Lots 16 thru 18 of Block 28 of Boulevard Addition, Section 2, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1116 11th Street.
19) No. 09VE016 - NWE Subdivision – A request by Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for South Dakota Game Fish and Parks to consider an application for a Vacation of a Major Drainage Easement on Lot 2 of NWE Subdivision located in the NW1/4 SW1/4 and the S1/2 NW1/4, Section 33, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4130 Dean Lane.
20) 09TP026 – Final 2010 Unified Planning Work Program for the Rapid City Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
21) No. PW101309-15 – Request authorization by Bill Freytag to prepare an H-Lot located in a portion of Lot 1R of Block 1 of Tyler Knue Subdivision, Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and authorize acceptance of the deed.