ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 15, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 1, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) No. PW090109-01 – Approve a request from Terry Cash, Dream Design International, Inc., to Appeal the Denial of the Request for Exception to Rapid City Standards to allow a Utility Service to cross another property with the Attorney’s Office drafting the appropriate Covenant Agreement and ask that the property taxes be paid in arrears since the date of the certification of the public vote. (Forwarded from the September 8, 2009, City Council Meeting)
2) Request by Fischer Furniture for approval to erect a tent in the public right-of-way at 1710 West Main Street beginning September 28, 2009, until October 11, 2009; and City of Rapid City to be named as additional insured – Jay Fox / Curt Sailer.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) No. PW091509-16 – Building Code Review / Child Safety Screens for Apartment Complexes – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
4) No. PW091509-01 – Status of Project Plan for TIF #70 – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
5) Highway 44 Median Discussion – Alderman Lloyd LaCroix.
6) Traffic Signal at Founder's Park Drive and Omaha Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
7) No. PW091509-02 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Purchase Agreement for Well Lot with Red Rock Development LLC.
8) No. PW091509-03 – Authorization to Prepare H-Lot and Acceptance of Deed for Well and Well Lot – Robert Ellis.
9) No. PW091509-04 – Red Rock Water Service Agreement – Robert Ellis.
10) No. CC090809-02.2 - Enhanced Corrosion Inhibited Liquid Magnesium Chloride for Street Division (Opened September 2, 2009).
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
11) No. PW091509-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Warax Excavating, Inc. for the First Street Outfall 36” Flap Gate, Project No. DR09-1812 / CIP No. 50765, for a decrease in the amount of $353.50.
12) No. PW091509-06 – Change Order No. 2F to KRM Concrete for the ADA Compliance Project, Project No. ADA09-1781 / CIP No. 50761, for a decrease in the amount of $87.92.
13) No. PW091509-07 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for the Sanitary Sewer Extension, Block 110 Original Townsite (Kansas City Street to Quincy Street), Project No. SS08-1752 / CIP No. 50742, for a decrease of $1,403.76.
14) No. PW091509-08 – Change Order No. 1F to Quinn Construction Inc. for the Elm Avenue Sanitary Sewer – Hillshire Court to E. Minnesota Street, Project No. SS08-1709 / CIP No. 50152, for an increase of $10,456.34.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
15) No. PW091509-09 – PCC Pavement Repair – Tamarack Drive, Minnesota Street, and 7th Street; Project No. ST09-1816 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated Cost of Project: $275,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
16) No. PW091509-10 – Applications for Permits to Appropriate Water as related to the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Facility and Mt. View Water Treatment Facility and authorize payment of related applications fees from the Water Enterprise Fund.
17) No. PW091509-11 – Agreement for purchase of Lot B of Lot 4 Cleghorn Canyon #2 for Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant.
18) No. PW091509-12 – Professional Services Agreement with TSP, Inc. for the Catron Boulevard (US Hwy 16B) Reconstruction Utility Relocation and Modification, Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50396, in the amount of $69,315.00.
19) No. PW091509-13 – Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for the Saint Andrew Street Reconstruction, Project No. ST10-1083 / CIP No. 50714, in the amount of $61,152.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) PW090109-17 – Homestead Subdivision Drainage. (Continued from the September 1, 2009, Public Works Committee Meeting)
21) No. PW091509-14 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the waiver of right 1to protest a future assessment for the installation of a sidewalk along Haines Avenue as they abut Outlot A of Auburn Hills Subdivision and Lot 5 of Madison's Subdivision, Section 13, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located at 602 Auburn Drive (09UR017). (Forwarded from the September 8, 2009 City Council meeting).
22) No. 09RD003 - Menard Subdivision – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution for a Road Name Change from Menard Drive to Century Road on the Menard Drive Right-of-way lying adjacent to Lots B and C of Menard Subdivision Section 32, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located lying between East North Street and Eglin Street.
23) 09EX101 – Exception request to waive the requirement to install sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.16.080 on Lot 9 of Block 3 of Lot 3 of the NE1/4 of the NW1/4, Section 9, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located at 2021 Monte Vista Drive.
24) No. PW091509-15 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign State of South Dakota Agreement/letter of Agreement with the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources.