ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, January 13, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of December 30, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
1) PW011309-03 – Change Order No. 8 Final for Dahl Fine Arts Center Remodel and Addition, to J. Scull Construction Services, Project No. IDP04-1367 / CIP No. 50101, for an increase of $22,923.32.
2) PW011309-05 – Change Order No. 1 for Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir, to Natgun Corporation, Project No. W07-1638, for a decrease of $65,149.60.
3) PW011309-07 – Change Order No. 3 Final for 43rd Court Water Main Reconstruction, to Simon Contractors of South Dakota, Inc., Project No. ST06-1529 / CIP No. 50606, for a decrease of $5,769.45.
4) PW011309-09 – Change Order No. 1 Final for 2008 Pavement Marking Project, to Dakota Traffic Services, LLC, Project No. PM08-1705 / CIP No. 50593, for a decrease of $3,654.64.
5) PW011309-10 – Change Order No. 4F for Anamosa Street Reconstruction - Phase 1, Milwaukee Street to LaCrosse Street, to Hills Materials Company, Project No. SSW05-1471 / CIP No. 50518, for a decrease of $51,815.29.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
6) PW011309-02 – Blaine, Halley, Holcomb, East Jackson & North Maple Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. SS08-1711 / CIP No. 50420.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
7) PW011309-04 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and the SD Department of Transportation for a Letting and Maintenance Agreement for Project NH 0016(70)67 PCN 01W5, for a State Project located at the intersection of St. Patrick Street and US16 (Mt. Rushmore Road).
8) PW011309-08 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for the Dover Street Drainage Improvements, Project No. DR05-1452 / CIP No. 50025, in the amount of $98,070.00.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
9) PW011309-06 – Transit Fare Rates
10) PW011309-12 – Request Authorization to Purchase Three 2009 ADA Accessible Paratransit Vehicles, from the Superior Bus Sales, Becker, Minnesota, in the amount of $233,985.
11) PW011309-01 – Request Authorization to Advertise for Bids to Purchase one 2009 Transit Bus, in the amount of $110,000.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
12) No. 08VE031 - Mountain View Subdivision No. 2 – A request by Larry Berube to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Utility and Minor Drainage Easement on Lot 1R of Block 2 of Mountain View No. 2, Section 3, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1712 Mesa Drive. (Continued from December 30, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting.)
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
13) PW011309-11 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Greenway Extension Project Design and Construction AdministrationADJOURN