ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, August 26, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of August 12, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. PW081208-09 - Sheridan Lake Road Truck Route, Lynn Kading (Continued from the August 12, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) Request by Fischer Furniture for approval to erect a tent in the public right-of-way at 1710 West Main Street beginning September 23 until October 04, 2008; and City of Rapid City to be named as additional insured - Jay Fox
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) No. PW071508-11 – Structural Inspections for Billboards Near High Traffic Areas – Alderman Kooiker (Continued from the June 10, 2008, and July 15, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) No. PW071508-12 – Parkland Dedication Requirements – Alderman Kooiker (Continued from July 1, 15, & 29, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) No. PW082608-01 – Change Order #1 Final for Canyon Lake Drive Irrigation Project, to Sprinkler Guys, Inc., Project No. PR05-1515, in the amount of $3,373.20, and an increase of 49 contract days
6) No. PW082608-06 – Change Order No. 1F for Mall Drive Water Transmission Main, to Grizzly Excavation, Inc., Project No. W04-1260 / CIP No. 50344, for a decrease of $44,573.32
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
7) No. PW082608-02 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a Professional Services Agreement with Quality Flow Systems, Inc. for SCADA Master System Upgrade, Project No. W08-1745, for $139,380.00
8) No. PW082608-03 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 713311 between the South Dakota Department of Transportation and the City of Rapid City, for the extension of North Elk Vale Road, Project EM 0902(39)61 PCN 1939 and P 1608(02) PCN 012D
9) No. PW082608-05 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and MG Oil Company Regarding the Donation of Certain Land for Right of Way along Universal Drive, for the Universal Drive Reconstruction, Project No. ST08-1701, CIP No. 50398
10) No. PW082608-04 – Approve Resolution Authorizing the State to Amend the State Transportation Improvement Plan by Allocating Additional Local Urban System Funds in 2009 for the Construction of Eglin Street from E. North Street to the Entrance of the South Dakota Department of Transportation Complex
11) No. PW082608-07 – Request authorization to seek proposals for engineering services for Mall Drive Reconstruction, Project No. ST08-1753, CIP No. 50646. Estimated cost of total project: $4,400,000 which includes design and construction costs
12) No. PW082608-08 – Set time and date for a hearing on a Resolution of Necessity for: Sewer Extension, Block 110 Original Townsite (East Boulevard, Kansas City to Quincy,) Project No. SS08-1752, CIP No. 50742
13) No. PW082608-09 – Approve Resolution Establishing Criteria for Prioritizing Replacement of Private Non-Conforming Sewer and Water Service Lines per Section 13.06.040 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
14) No. 08CA006 - Rapid City Future Land Use 2008 Plan Overview – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan to change the Rapid City Future Land Use 2008 Plan Overview.
15) No. 08CA007 - Southeast Connector Neighborhood – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to adopt the Southeast Connector Neighborhood Area Future Land Use Plan south of SD Highway 44, east of Cambell Street/SD Highway 79, west of the range line between R9E and R10E (running north-south along the east side of Caputa), and north of Sections 13 thru 18, T1S, R9E and Sections 13 thru 16 and a portion of Section 17, T1S, R8E, Pennington County, South Dakota.
16) No. 08CA008 - Southeast Connector Neighborhood – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan by realigning arterial and collector streets in the Southeast Connector Neighborhood Area Future Land Use Plan south of SD Highway 44, east of Cambell Street/SD Highway 79, west of the range line between R9E and R10E (running north-south along the east side of Caputa), and north of Sections 13 thru 18, T1S, R9E and Sections 13 thru 16 and a portion of Section 17, T1S, R8E, Pennington County, South Dakota
17) No. 08VE019 - Robbinsdale Addition No. 10 – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Terry Haskell to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility and Minor Drainage Easement on Lots 9AR and 9B of Block 28 of Robbinsdale Addition No. 10, located in the NE1/4 of the SW1/4, Section 13, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 323 and 317 Alta Vista Drive.