ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Drainage Problem at
2) No. PW092705-01 - Request exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual to allow an additional curb cut for second driveway to accommodate an RV garage in the back yard. Access is currently off
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) No. PW021505-01 (No attachment) Traffic Signal at
4) No. PW092705-02 - Alternate Parade Routes in the downtown area Alderman Hadcock
7) Copperfield Utility Rates Alderman Kooiker
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTORS ITEMS
8) No. PW092705-03 - 2006 Public Works Projects List (Continued from the
9) No. PW092705-04 - Water Supply Project Priorities Report
10) No. PW092705-05
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
11) No. PW092705-06 - Change Order No. 1 for Tennis Courts Surfacing Project No. PR05-1523 to Recreational Surfacers, Inc. for an increase of $2,400.00
12) No. PW092705-07 - Change Order No. 1F for Low Level Water reservoir Interconnection Project No. W04-1374 to Rapid Construction for a decrease of $4,268.78
13) No. PW092705-08 - Change Order No. 2 for
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
14) No. PW092705-09 - Nugget Gulch Street Extension Project No. ST05-1534; CIP #50615
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
15) No. PW092705-10 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of
16) No. PW092705-11 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for Engineering Services and Preliminary Design for Anamosa Street Reconstruction (from Haines Avenue to LaCrosse Street) Project No. SSW05-1471; CIP #50518 for an amount not to exceed $315,000.00
17) No. PW092705-12 - Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement between the City of
18) No. PW092705-13 - Maintenance Agreement between South Dakota Department of Transportation and the City of Rapid City for Federal-Aid Highway Improvement Traffic Signals at I90 Exit 55, Deadwood Avenue in Rapid City
19) No. PW092705-14 - Agreement for Professional Services between the City of
20) No. PW072605-19 - North Deadwood Avenue Water Supply Update. (Continued from the July 26, August 9 and
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
21) No. 05FV008 - Marshall Heights Subdivision No. 2 - (Updated staff report) A request by Wendel Ptratz of ProGroup, Inc. for Jim Keohler of JPK Hospitality to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence 266 feet long to be placed on the property line between Interstate 90 and the subject property on Tract D, Marshall Heights Subdivision No. 2, located in SW1/4 of NE1/4; SE1/4 of NW1/4, Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 625 East Disk Drive. (Continued from the August 30 and the
22) No. 05FV010 - Section 19, T2N, R8E - A request by CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for the City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow fence height greater than four feet in front yard setback on the NE1/4 NW1/4, Section 19, T2N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south side of Country Road, 1/2 mile east of intersection of Country Road and West Nike Road.
23) No. 05VE018 - Section 26, T2N, R7E - A request by Thurston Design Group for Vaughn Bay Construction to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility Easement on a parcel of land located in the W932' of the S377', of the SE1/4 SE1/4, less the N35', dedicated as Thrush Drive, all located in the SE1/4, Section 26, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located between Thrush Drive and Anamosa Street and south of West Boulevard North.
24) 05TP010 -
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION