ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 26, 2004, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
Minutes of October
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
PW102604-01 - Request that one parking space in front of residence at
PW102604-02 - Request to vacate sidewalk at
Request for approval of a second access
Request to relocate sidewalk
property line to curbside at
Left turn lane at
Water and Sewer Fee Review Alderman Kooiker and
WORKS DIRECTORS ITEMS
PW102604-03 - Request authorization to solicit proposals for a Professional
Services Agreement for the determination of supplemental tap fees
Request authorization to prepare an H-Lot plat for additional right- of-way
at the intersection of
Request authorization to accept a deed for the H Lot for additional
right-of-way at the intersection of
11) No. PW102604-09c Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement between JR Investments, LLC and the City of Rapid City to construct improvements to the western half of the intersection of Fairmont Boulevard and Mount Rushmore Road
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
PW102604-04 - Change Order No. 1F to the
PW102604-05 - Change Order No. 1F to the
PW102604-14 Change Order No. 4 to the Water Reclamation Facility
Expansion Project No. WRF02-1173 Glenn C. Barber and Associates for an increase
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
PW102604-06 - Authorize Mayor and
Finance Officer to sign an agreement between Joe Crawford and the City of
PW102604-07 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign license agreement
#WL 1029 with
17) No. PW102604-08 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign license agreement #062404 with Dakota Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Corporation for Construction of North Elk Vale Sewer Project No. SS03-1292 for an amount of $2,075.00. Agreement also includes City agreement to pay upon invoice up to $15 per day for Protective Train Order and $300.00 or actual expenses for flagging services.
- Request permission to authorize staff to submit application for lease of
railroad property with the intent to purchase at a later date.
PW102604-11 - Request Authorization to Issue an Addendum to the City of
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
20) No. PW102604-12 - Request Permission to execute Settlement and Release of Claims on two coiling steel service doors located on the Primary Maturation and Refining Buildings at the Rapid City Cocompost Facility for the sum of $7,478.00 payable to R.C.S. Construction upon installation and acceptance.
21) No. PW102604-13 - Approve Purchase of (2) current model year ¾ ton, 4x4 long box pickups from Wegner-Chrysler, Pierre, SD under State Contract #14371 for a purchase price of $18,560 from Dept. 205 and $18,450 from Dept. 305.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
22) No. 04TP019 Request Approval of the 2005-2009 Transportation Improvement Plan Amendment #05-001
23) No. 04TP020 Request Approval of the Final Draft of the 2004-2008 Rapid City Transit Development Plan
24) No. 04FV019 - A request by FMG Engineering for Menard, Inc. to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a 13'4" high fence in the General Commercial Zoning District and within the 25' front yard setback on Lots 1, 2, 3 and 6, Tract A, Menard Subdivision, Section 32, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located in the southeast corner of the intersection of Eglin Street and East Anamosa Street.
OF PARKS AND RECREATION