ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the Public Works Department 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
1:15 P.M.; Tuesday, July 27, 2004
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of July 13
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee
on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken
at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the
agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
No. PW071304-01 Request to reduce water hook-up fee, Larry Lewis,
Request to place structure in the public right-of-way (a reinforced concrete
retaining wall) at
3) Request for automatic opener for Council Chamber east door, Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities
4) 2005 Budget Presentation
5) Access to Plum Creek/Elks Country Estates, Alderman Kooiker
7) East Philadelphia/LaCrosse Traffic Signal, Alderman Kooiker
8) Rapid City On-Site Waste Water System Ordinance
9) Request to fund a project to increase the sewer and water mains in the Mallow Subdivision; and review of the master plan for sewer and water main upgrades (refer from July 19, 2004 City Council meeting)
10) No. PW072704-02 No. A3 for Roosevelt Park Site Improvements – Phase 2 Project No R01-144 to R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for an increase of $828.00
11) No. PW072704-03 No. 1 and final for Park Drive Reconstruction Project No ST03-1030 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for an increase of $1,180.22
12) No. PW072704-04 No. 2 and final for Parkview Drive Extension Project No ST03-1006 to R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for a decrease of $43,116.52
13) No. PW072704-05 No 1 for Sheridan Lake Road Panel Replacement Project No STCM03-1294 to Simon Contractors of South Dakota, Inc. for an increase of $3,156.48
15) No. PW072704-07 Amendment #2 to Professional Service Agreement with CETEC Engineering to design West Chicago Street Reconstruction 44th to Wedgewood Drive for an amount not to exceed $74,949.32
Letter Of Agreement with Dakota Minnesota Eastern Railroad for
17) No. PW072704-09 Agreement between City of Rapid City and O’Brien Construction Inc to stall water lines that complete a low pressure loop that are not required for plat of the land located on Sheridan Lake Road. Reimbursement for an amount not to exceed $10,612.72 17
18) No. PW072704-10 Agreement between City of Rapid City and O’Brien Construction Inc for water distribution to the surrounding area of plat of the land located on Sheridan Lake Road. Reimbursement for an amount not to exceed $24,870.70
Agreement between City of
20) LF04-1368 Variance Pit Closure Project changes
Approve of the
22) No. PW071304-10 Approve of the 2005-2009 Rapid City Area Transportation Improvement Program
23) Signal Drive street conditions
24) No. 04FV012 Continue a Fence Height Exception for petitioner Dennis Rogers to allow a seven foot six inch fence in a Low Density Residential District on Lot 13, Block 16, South Robbinsdale Subdivision, Section 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 801 East Indiana Street to the August 31, 2004 Public Works Committee meeting.
Deny a Vacation of Utility Easement for petitioner James Steele for Aurthur
26) No. 04VE015 Approve with stipulations a Vacation of Utility and Drainage Easement for petitioner Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Cregut Inc. on Lot 1 of Lot C of Lot 1 of Rohrer Subdivision located in the SW1/4 of the SE1/4 of Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 7800 Alberta Drive.