ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
FOR THE LEGAL & FINANCE COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M., September 12, 2012
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 - 12
opened - Items 1 - 12
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the "Consent Items" and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve Minutes for August 29, 2012
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) No. LF091212-01 - Vision Fund Committee - Approve Option A, with Additional Funding, for the Horace Mann Leisure Pool in the Amount of $5.1 Million for FY2015
3) No. LF091212-02 - Vision Fund Committee - approve Reallocation of $2.2 Million in Soccer Funding to FY2012 from FY2015 and to Request that the Mayor Authorize Staff to Initiate Negotiations with Soccer Rapid City
4) No. LF091212-03 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Joint Powers Agreement for the Formation of the Pennington County Area Emergency Management
5) No. LF091212-04 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Fire Suppression Addendum between the State of South Dakota and the City of Rapid City
6) No. LF091212-05 - Resolution No. 2012-104 Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus
7) No. LF091212-06 - Request Authority to Apply for the Grant Number 10SRNSD004 through Community and National Service for the Retired Senior Volunteer Program and to Accept if Awarded
8) No. LF091212-07 - Acknowledge August 2012 General Fund Cash Balance Report
9) No. LF091212-08 - Acknowledge July 2012 Sales Tax Revenue Report
10) No. LF091212-09 - Resolution No. 2012-103 to Amend the City of Rapid City Non-Union Compensation Plan by Making the Following Changes to the Position Title of Lead Auditor
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
11) No. LF082912-15 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Legacy Foundation, Inc. (continued from the August 29, 2012, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
12) No. LF091212-10 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS - Items 13 - 22
opened - Items 13 - 22
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
13) Human Relations Commission Semi-Annual Report (continued from the August 1, 2012, Legal and Finance Committee meeting and continued from the August 29, 2012, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
14) No. LF091212-11 - Resolution No. 2012-096B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
15) No. LF091212-12 - Acknowledge FY 2011 CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report)
COMMUNITY PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
16) No. 12OA005 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5859 an Ordinance to Amend Requirements for Conditional Use Permits for Oversized Garages by Amending Section 17.08.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code in the Park-Forest District.
17) No. 12OA006 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5858 an Ordinance to Amend Requirements for Conditional Use Permits for Oversized Garages by Amending Section 17.10.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code in the Low Density Residential District 1.
18) No. 12OA007 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5860 an Ordinance to Amend Requirements for Conditional Use Permits for Oversized Garages by Amending Section 17.38.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code in the Mobile Home Residential District.
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
19) No. LF082912-19 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Lease of Land with the Pennington County Sheriff for the 24/7 Program for Property Generally Located at 108 East Main Street
20) No. LF082912-20 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5864 Amending Section 8.24.020(5) of the Rapid City Municipal Code with Regard to the Sale of Fireworks Within One Mile of the City Limits
21) No. LF082912-21 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5865 Authorizing the Placement of Banners Promoting Community Activities, Celebrations and Events by Amending Section 15.28.210 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
22) No. LF082912-22 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5866 Exempting Signage Located Within a Sporting Facility and Not Specifically Directed Towards Public Rights of Way from the Provisions of the City Sign Code by Amending Section 15.28.080 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
ADDENDUM NO. 1
23) No. LF091212-23 - Confirm Appointment of Peggy Pientok and the Reappointment of Wade Rhodes to the RSVP Advisory Board
24) No. LF091212-24 - Approve Event Permit for Ketel Thorstenson Blood Drive on September 18, 2012
25) No. LF091212-25 - Approve Event Permit for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals on September 25, 2012