ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of May 11, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Sioux Falls Water Ski Show - Request to Use Canyon Lake for Water Show on Saturday, July 16, 2011
2) No. LF060111-01 - Destination Rapid City - Request Approval of a Public Purpose Sign to be Located on the Parking Ramp
3) No. LF060111-02 - MHL, LLC - Request to Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Petition to Vacate Public Right-of-Way or Section Line Highway
4) No. LF060111-04 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement with Slainte, LLC to Allow a Staircase and Handicap Access Ramp to Encroach into the Adjacent Public Right of Way
LF060111-05 - Request from Divas-N-Rockstars for a Video Lottery License
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
6) No. LF060111-06 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Memorandum of Understanding between Black Hills Retired Senior Volunteer Program and the City of Rapid City
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
7) No. LF060111-07 - Resolution No. 2011-069 Amending the Plan for Projects to be Funded From the Rapid City Economic Development and Civic Improvements Fund
8) Review of City-Owned Asset Advertising and Contracts and Appointment of a Committee to Examine City Facilities Outdoor Advertising (referred from the May 16, 2011 City Council Meeting)
9) No. LF060111-08 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for May 2011
10) No. LF060111-09 - Acknowledge Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for May 2011
11) No. LF060111-10 - Recommend Approval of the Addition of Projects to the Government Buildings 5 Year Plan
12) No. LF060111-11 - Recommend Approval of Funding for the Journey Museum HVAC Hardware/Software Upgrades Project in the Amount of $20,085 from the CIP Contingency Fund
13) No. LF060111-12 - Approve Event Permit for The Dahl Arts Center for Saturday, June 11, 2011
14) No. LF060111-13 - Approve Event Permit for 1345 Film Festival on July 23, 2011
15) No. LF060111-14 - Approve Event Permit for Main Street Square/Destination Rapid City for Rushmore Rollerz Roller Derby on June 18, July 16, and August 27
16) No. LF060111-15 - Approve Event Permit for Vet Center for Homeless Connect Event/Homeless Veterans Stand Down on Thursday, June 9, 2011, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
17) No. LF060111-16 - Approve Event Permit for South Dakota School of Mines & Technology for M Week parade on September 29, 2011, at 3:00 p.m.
18) No. LF060111-17 - Approve Event Permit for Black Hills Multi-Sport for Rapid City Triathlon to be Held on June 19, 2011, at 7:00 a.m.
19) No. LF060111-18 - Approve Event Permit for United Blood Services for June 4 and June 13, 2011
20) No. LF060111-30 - Approve Event Permit for Immaculate Conception Chapel Centennial Celebration on June 26, 2011
21) No. LF030211-12 - Acknowledge Update on 2010 Annual Report (continued from the March 16, 2011, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
22) No. LF060111-19 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance 5720 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation #5 for 2011
23) No. LF060111-20 - Resolution No. 2011-053B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
24) No. LF060111-21 - Resolution (2011-071) of Governing Body to Authorize Participation in the Federal Surplus Property Program
25) No. LF060111-22 - Resolution No. 2011-066 Declaring Property Surplus
26) Set Special Council Meeting on June 9, 2011, at 12:30 p.m. to Canvass the Votes from the June 7, 2011 Annual Municipal Election
27) No. LF060111-03 - Richard & Rochelle Watson - Application for a Sidewalk Vending License
28) No. LF051111-22 - Preliminary Approval of the FY 2010 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) for the Community Development Block Grant Program (continued from the May 11, 2011, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
29) No. LF060111-23 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Master License Agreement with Latitude Geographics
30) No. LF060111-24 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Plan Amendment on Clinical Trials to the City of Rapid City Medical Plan
PARKS AND RECREATION
31) No. LF060111-25 - Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for PR09-6012 Canyon Lake Park Lighting Improvement Project, Estimated Cost of $110,000
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
32) No. LF033011-15 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Lease Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Rapid City Arts Council, Inc. (continued from the March 30, 2011, Legal and Finance Committee meeting and continued from the April 27, 2011, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
33) No. LF060111-26 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Assignment Agreement between the City, Bankwest and HDRK Properties, LLC
34) No. LF060111-27 - Approve Request from Neil Litzen, d/b/a Mr. Frosty 2 for 2011 Ice Cream Vending License (Two Trucks)
35) No. LF060111-28 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Spirit of the Hills Wildlife Sanctuary
36) No. LF060111-29 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from South Dakota Youth Hunting Adventures