ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
LEGAL FINANCE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday,May 13, 2009, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of April 29, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Storybook Island Lease (continued from the April 29, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Deb Hadcock - Update on Budget
Inn Motel and Trailers Located Behind It
LF051309-01 - Approve Event Permit for American Cancer Society to Hold
Kickoff for the Relay for Life on June 4, 2009 beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Seventh
Street between Main Street and St. Joseph Street
4) No. LF051309-02 - Approve Travel Request for Steve Burgad and Chris Weinert to Attend School of Ice Technologies in Newark, NJ, June 7-13, 2009, in the Approximate Amount of $4,070
5) No. LF051309-19 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 1 to the State of South Dakota Historical Preservation Allocation Award between State Historical Preservation Office, Office of History and Rapid City Historic Preservation Commission Project SD-08-16 Changing the Completion Date from May 30, 2009 to July 31, 2009
6) No. LF051309-20 - Authorize Staff to Draft an Ordinance Amendment to the 2006 International Residential Code to Remove the Requirement to Field Treat Cut, Notched and Bored Ends of Treated Wood, and to Change the Design Requirements Allowing Walls more than 10 Feet in Height and Up to 12 Feet in Height to be Constructed Using a Prescriptive Design
7) No. LF051309-21 - Request for SDCL 1-19A-11.1 Final Determination Relative to the Proposed Installation of Windows at 1819 West Boulevard Located in the West Boulevard Historic District.
8) No. LF051309-03 - Approve Change Order to Professional Service Agreement with Casey Peterson and Associates for Additional Work Performed on the FY 2007 Audit in the Amount of $8,000
9) Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Workmen's Compensation Purposes: Julia Monczunski, Nate Drake, Tiffany Iverson
10) Report on Reimbursement from Franklin Street Property Owners for Replacement of Sewer Line Expenditures
11) No. LF051309-04 - Resolution Declaring Property Surplus
12) No. LF051309-05 - City of Rapid City Technology Resource Usage Policy
13) No. LF051309-06 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between State of South Dakota Department of Transportation and Rapid City, South Dakota for Use of Fiber Optic Cable
14) No. LF051309-07 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Health Care Plan Renewal
15) No. LF051309-08 - Resolution No. 2009-063 to Amend the City of Rapid City Compensation Plan by Making the Following Changes to the Position of Library Associate
16) No. LF051309-18 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement for Independent Contractor Services between Hayman & Associates and the City of Rapid City
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
17) Approve Request from the Parks and Recreation Department to Close the Parking Lot at 6th & Main Street on Sunday, May 24th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm for a Skateboard Exhibition to be Held During the Criterium Bicycle Road Race
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
18) No. LF040109-24A - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5501 to Prohibit the Feeding of Wildlife and Waterfowl in the City of Rapid City by Establishing Chapter 6.16 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
19) No. LF042909-22 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5509 to Provide an Exemption to Trash Collection Requirements for Certain Multi-Family Dwelling Units by Amending Section 8.08.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
20) No. LF042909-23 - Resolution (No. 20009-060) Relating to Council Members Serving on a Board in the Capacity of a Voting Member (continued from the April 29, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
21) No. LF051309-09 - Resolution of Intent to Enter into Lease Agreement with Rapid City Lodge No. 1187 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
22) No. LF051309-10 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Triple Z Real Estate Development, LLLP, Regarding the Use of .16 Funds for the Construction of the Jolly Lane Lift Station Expansion
23) No. LF051309-11 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and SSST, LLC, Regarding the Timing of the Construction of Minnesota Street before Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy
24) No. LF051309-12 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Triple Z Real Estate Development, LLLP, Regarding the Timing of the Construction of Minnesota Street before Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy
25) No. LF051309-13 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Triple Z Real Estate Development, LLLP, Regarding Jolly Lane Lift Station Upgrades before Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy.
26) No. LF051309-14 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and SSST, LLC, Regarding Jolly Lane Lift Station Upgrades before Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy
27) No. LF051309-15 - Acknowledge Request from the Black Hills Fat Tire Festival to Hold a Raffle from May 22nd through May 26th, 2009
28) No. LF051309-16 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Family Child Care Professionals of South Dakota, Inc.
REFUNDS AND ABATEMENTS
29) No. LF051309-17 - Approve Property Tax Abatement for Jody Crawford for 2008 in the Amount of $2,183.90