ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
LEGAL FINANCE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 1:15 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 2, 2004
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Todd Seaman - South Dakota Department of Transportation – Discussion of Sign Code (Exit 60 Reconstruction)
2) Evelyn Kelly – Parking in the Downtown Area for Business Owners
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
3) No. LF061604-01 - Approve Appointment of Glen Delabarre to Mechanical Board
4) No. LF061604-02 – Approve Appointment of Mark Hirsch and Kyle Mattison to the Historic Sign Committee
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
5) Discussion Regarding Extending Employee Discount to Part Time Employees (Hanks)
6) Maintenance of Memorial Lake (Hadley)
7) Discussion on whether or not PACs Can Be Required to Do Year-End Reporting (Kooiker)
8) No. LF061604-03 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 4073 Requiring Year End Campaign Finance Reporting for Mayor and Aldermen Candidates (Kooiker)
9) No. LF061604-04 - Approve Event Permit for Alex Johnson Hotel for Motorcycle Parking During the Sturgis Rally From August 5-15, 2004
10) No. LF061604-05 - Approve Event Permit for Rapid City Police Department for Cruiser Night on June 26, 2004
11) No. LF061604-06 - Approve Event Permit for Rapid City YMCA for Annual Street Dance on August 6, 2004
12) No. LF061604-07 - Approve Travel Request for Jon Dicks to Attend Training Course to Enhance Training, Experience and Confidence in Science of Fingerprints in Decatur, Georgia, from December 4-11, 2004, in the Approximate Amount of $1,777
13) No. LF061604-08 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 4072 Repealing Chapter 15.12 of the Rapid City Municipal Code in its Entirety and Adopting a New Chapter 15.12 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Entitled Building Codes Adopted
14) No. LF022504-18 – Recommendation for “Joint Identification” (Campus) Signs
15) No. LF061604-09 - Review and Approval of the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER – Fiscal Year 2003)
16) Request for Agreement to Improve City Parkland For a Public Parking Lot on Dakota Drive – Dr. Pev Evans
17) No. LF061604-10 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement with Basin Electric Power
18) No. LF061604-11 - Approve Resolution Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Property Cleanup
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
19) No. LF060204-03 – Funding Policy for Recreation Field Improvement Projects (i.e. irrigation)
20) No. LF061604-12 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement to Furnish Security by Mt. States Investigations & Security, Inc.
CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
21) No. LF061604-13 - Approve Travel Request for Joel Landeen to Attend ALI-ABA Planning, Regulation, Litigation, Eminent Domain and Compensation Seminar in Boston, MA, August 25-29, 2004 in the Approximate Amount of $1,842
22) No. LF061604-14 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 4071 Amending the Regulation of Adult Oriented Businesses by Amending Section 5.70.030 and 5.70.050 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
23) Approve the Following Licenses:
Electrical Apprentice: Monty Bollock, Warren Buffalo, Jr., Andrew J. Coffey, Cory Drake, Neal Drury, Dustin Freed, Christopher Kendrick, Jody Millage, Duke Miller, Shane Novotny, Justin Riggs, Brandon White
Electrical Journeyman: Charles T. Freeman, Dale Leenknecht, Larry Tibbs
Electrical Contractor: Dean Hartford, Hartford Electric, Inc.
Plumber: Ivan Fischer, Roger Johnson
Residential Contractor: Duane Boomsma; Corey Crowder, Crowder R & D; FD Construction, Inc., Ford Dodds; Dennis Spencer – Flannery Oil, Kelly Flannery
ADDENDUM NO. 1
24) No. LF061604-15 - Resolution Declaring Property Surplus
ADDENDUM NO. 2
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
25) Rich Huffman - Assignment of Civic Center Ground Lease