|Legal & Finance Agenda|
ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
LEGAL & FINANCE COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
November 1, 2000 -- Following 1:15 p.m. Public Works Committee Meeting
1) No. LF110100-01 - Approve Travel Request for Police Department to Hold Annual Goals Meeting at Civic Center on January 10-12, 2001, in the Amount of $500
2) Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Maintenance Support Contract in the Amount of $6,232 for the Reverse 911 Communication System with Sigma Micro Corporation
3) No. LF110100-02 - Approve Event Permit for Rushmore Post 1273 Veteran’s Day Parade on November 11, 2000
4) No. LF110100-03 - Approve Travel Request for Nathan Deitschman, Jim Frybarger, and Bill Reishus to Attend Highway Emergency Response Specialist Training Classes at Emergency Response Training Center in Pueblo, Colorado, from November 13-17, 2000 (Total Estimated Expense $4,986)
5) No. LF110100-04 - Permission to Purchase 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 from the State Contract for $14,531
ITEMS FROM PLANNING
6) Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 1 to Financial Agreement for U.S. 16 Corridor Study (CONTINUED FROM 10/11/00 MEETING)
7) No. 00ID003 – Reimbursement to City of Rapid City for Design Costs Incurred on Infrastructure Development Partnership Fund Projects
8) No. 00ID001 – Rapid City Infrastructure Development Partnership Fund Request – Elm Avenue Extension
9) No. 00ID002 – Rapid City Infrastructure Development Partnership Fund Request – 15th Sanitary Sewer Service Extension from Highway 79 to Fifth Street
10) No. 00PL089 – Reconsideration of Preliminary and Final Plat for Valley Ridge Subdivision
ITEMS FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ITEMS FROM FINANCE
11) No. LF110100-05 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Contract with Ketel Thorstenson, LLP to Conduct City’s Audit for Calendar Year 2000, With An Option to Extend through 2001-2003 and An Option to Include Auditing the Financial Statements of the Museum Alliance of Rapid City
12) No. LF110100-06 - Resolution Declaring Property Surplus
13) No. LF110100-07 - Recommendations from the Subsidy Committee for FY2001
14) No. LF110100-08 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement with Sound Pro to Design Audio/Video System for the Council Chambers
15) No. LF110100-09 - Permission to Purchase a 2001 Dodge Caravan from the State Contract for $18,743
16) No. LF110100-19 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Contract with the Team of Dougherty/Dain Rauscher to Issue a Seven Year Revenue Bond in the Amount of $23,920,000 to Fund the 2012 Plan
17) No. LF110100-10 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 3618 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation No. 9 for 2000
ITEMS FROM PUBLIC WORKS
ITEMS FROM PERSONNEL
18) No. LF110100-11 - Temporary Pay Matrix
19) No. LF110100-12 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Federal Work-Study Program Off-Campus Agreement with National American University
20) No. LF110100-13 - Resolution to Establish Position of Police Computer Operations Supervisor
ITEMS FROM CITY ATTORNEY
21) No. LF110100-14 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Real Estate Exchange Agreement with Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
22) No. LF110100-15 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Real Estate Exchange Agreement Disclosure Schedule with Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
23) No. LF110100-16 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Lease with Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
REFUNDS AND ABATEMENTS
24) No. LF110100-17 - Approve the Following: Donald R. & Frankie J. Shultz, 1999, $3,952.33
25) Approve the Following Licenses:
Electrical Apprentice: Shawn Mayclin
Mechanical Apprentice: Erik Dudley
Mechanical Installer: Stan W. Foster, Chris Johnson
Merchant Security Business: Dakota Security, Inc., d/b/a Ace Security, Inc., Jack Andrew Werner
Metals and Gems: Brown and Associates, Ray Brown;
Plumbing Contractor: Benjamin (Bruce) Hartley
Residential Contractor: Marcy Barber, Marcy’s LLC; William G. Barber, Glenn C. Barber & Associates; Jim Bickett, Bickett Construction; Joel W. Boylan, American Builders, Inc.; Dennis Bertalot, Bertalot Construction; Ken H. Brenneise, Brenneise Homes; Brad DeWitt & Scott Stratmeyer, DeWitt Builders, Inc.; Lon Gose, Lon Gose Const.; David M. Grundstrom; John M. Holdaway II & Evelyn Holdaway, Holdaway Construction, Inc.; Michael & Michele Howe, Howe Custom Const. & Remodel.; Stephen Jensen, Handyman Services; Roger S. Johnsen, Stanley J. Johnsen Concrete; Dennis Johnson & Kathy Kelly-Johnson, K & J Builders; Lynn Kading, Hills Materials Company; Lee A. & Terry J. Keeney, Contemporary Construction; Vergil Kjerstad, Vergil Kjerstad Const.; Stanley E. Koch, Stanley E. Koch Construction; Michael E. Lewis, Mike Lewis Construction; Jeffrey T. Mehlhaff, Mehlhaff Construction, Inc.; Jeffrey D. Ogaard, Jeff’s Construction; Jeremy Olson, Olson Services; Darrell S. Rave & Steven E. Rave, Rave Bros., Inc.; Don Ritchie, Don Ritchie Cont.; Randal Ruthford, Triple R Construction; John Sharkey, B & H Module Distributors, Inc.; James S. & Charlette Steele, James S. Steele Construction; Patric Traxinger, T & P Builders; Jim Weaver, Keith Ginter, Chuck Darrington, United Building Center; Pieter Van Wingerden, Knecht Home Center, Inc.; Allan Weidenbach, Weidenbach Bros.
Second Hand: Furniture Mart, Susan R. Sorbel; Haggerty’s, Inc., Thomas J. Haggerty; Mick’s Scuba Center, Michael L. Gerhard; Play It Again Sports, Jim M. Thomson; Trader’s Corner, Brenda Dennis; Willy’s Saw Shop, Douglas Williams
Sewer & Water Contractor: Michael Ryan, Site Work Specialists, Inc.
Sewer & Water Installer Journeyman: Kevin Hein, Scott Ryan, Chad Uhre, Douglas Wilson
Trenching Contractor: Dale Christiansen, Honey Creek Landscape, Inc.
Trenching Journeyman: John S. Pettyjohn
Sign Contractor: Imperial Signs, Inc., John Lipp; Pride Neon, Inc., George Menke; Red Letter Signs, Andrew C. Hade; Signworks, Mikal Lewis; Solar Sound Corp., Willard A. Weber
SPECIAL ITEMS AND ITEMS FROM VISITORS
26) No. LF110100-18 - Terence Mohr – Appeal of Denial of Private Security License
ITEMS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
ALDERMAN COMMITTEE REPORTS
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM FINANCE
27) Amend 2012 Plan