Please remember to turn all cell
phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
Please remember to turn all cell phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, January 6, 2014
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Citizen of the Month: Regina Lewis, Ward 3
2. Employee Awards
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 3 - 49
Open Public Comment Items 3 - 47
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS Items 3 - 47
Remove Items from the Consent Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
3. Approve Minutes for the December 16, 2013 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (January 21, 2014)
4. Knights of Columbus Council #8844 for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine License for an Event Scheduled for February 28, 2014 at Blessed Sacrament Church, 4500 Jackson Boulevard
Retail (on-sale) Liquor License Renewals for 2014
5. Roadway LLC DBA Roadway LLC, 2208 Mount Rushmore Road for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License
6. Kol LLC DBA Dublin Square, 504 Mt Rushmore Rd for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License
Public Works Committee Consent Items
7. No. PW123113-02 Confirm the Appointments of Karen Bulman as a Voting Member, Brett Monson as Alternate #1, and Walt Swan Jr. as Alternate #2 to the Planning Commission.
8. No. PW123113-03 Confirm the Appointment of Greg Oleson to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
9. No. PW123113-04 Confirm the Appointment of Doug Wilson and the Reappointments of Julie Burckhard and Greg Suto to the Trenching Board.
10. No. PW123113-05 Confirm the Reappointment of Shawn Krull and New Appointments of Clancy Kingsbury and Eric Monroe to the Historic Preservation Commission.
11. No. PW123113-06 Acknowledge the Development Review Team (DRT) Process: 2010-2013 Progress Report and Assessment report from Jim Lehe Planning LLC and authorize Staff to proceed with the Work Plan.
13. No. PW123113-08 Approve Change Order #1 to Heavy Constructors for Roosevelt Park 50 Meter Pool, Project No. 12-2090 / CIP No. 50948, for a decrease of $7,940.30.
14. No. PW123113-09 Approve Change Order #2 to Site Work Specialists, Inc. for Landfill Cell 16 Expansion Construction, Project No. 13-2111, for a decrease of $8,071.59.
15. No. PW123113-10 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Water Reclamation Facility Algae Control Improvements, Project No. 14-2158 / CIP No. 50971. Estimated Cost $298,000.00.
16. No. PW123113-11 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Pedestrian Countdown Signals, CIP No. 51006. Estimated Cost: $70,000.00.
17. No. PW123113-12 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for 2014 Lane Line Painting, Project No. 14-2166 / CIP No. 50594. Estimated Cost: $97,000.00.
18. No. PW123113-13 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign First Amendment to Lease Agreement Between Hills Materials Company and the City of Rapid City (225 E. Main Street N.)
19. No. PW123113-14 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FourFront Design for Professional Services for the Rapid City Soccer Complex, Project No. 12-1849 / CIP No. 50792, in the amount of $10,000.00.
20. No. PW123113-15 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Elk Vale Lift Station Upgrades, Project No. 11-1999 / CIP No. 50728, in the amount of $16,500.00.
21. No. PW123113-16 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and American Engineering Testing Inc. for 2014 Environmental Monitoring Landfill/MRF, Project No. 14-2167, in the amount of $76,661.98.
22. No. PW123113-17 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign South Dakota Department of Transportation Agreement for Use and Restoration of Detour and/or Wet Weather Detour for Mount Rushmore Road between Main and Omaha St.
23. No. PW123113-18 Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Wildwood Drive Reconstruction, Project No. 13-2118 / CIP No. 50453. Estimated Project Cost: $829,000.00.
24. No. PW123113-19 Approve no cost funding allocation correction to the Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell for Construction Administration Services for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Construction, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789.
25. No. PW123113-20 Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment to Golf Course Food and Beverage Concession Agreement.
26. No. PW123113-22 Acknowledge Update on Winter Storm Atlas Cleanup Operations
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
27. No. LF123113-01 Confirm Reappointment of Anna Huntington and the New Appointment of Bonny Petersen to Performing Arts Board
28. No. LF123113-02 Acknowledge Demand from President's Plaza that the Mayor Cease and Desist from Contacting, or Asking Questions of Dakotas America or Other Potential Sources of Financing for President's Plaza Project
29. No. LF123113-03 Acknowledge Update on Opportunity Capture Fund
30. No. LF123113-04 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for December 2013
31. No. LF123113-05 - Approve Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for December 2013
32. No. LF123113-06 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Fire & Emergency Services for December 2013
33. No. LF1213113-07 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Parks & Recreation/Parks & Recreation for December 2013
34. No. LF123113-08 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings CSAC for December 2013
35. No. LF123113-09 - Approve Capital Plan for Information Technology for December 2013
36. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker's Compensation Purposes: Justin Hawkins, Chris Treinen, Kelly Combs, Kelly Halter, Cody Burdick, Matt Treinen, Tristan Hullihen, Trent Hullihen, Bailey Dale, and Eric Johnson
37. No. LF123113-10 Acknowledge November 2013 General Fund Cash Balance Report
38. No. LF123113-11 - Approve Allocation of FY2014 Community Investment Funds for Health & Human Services Portion
39. No. LF123113-12 - Approve FY2014 Allied Arts Funding Allocation for Community Investments
40. No. LF123113-13 Acknowledge October 2013 Sales Tax Report
41. No. LF123113-14 Resolution No. 2014-001A Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
42. No. LF123113-15 Resolution No. 2014-003 Establishing and Re-Establishing Petty Cash Funds, Change Funds and Travel Funds
43. No. LF123113-16 Authorize Finance Officer to Call the Series 2007A Sales Tax Revenue Bond as of March 1, 2014
44. No. LF123113-17 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign 2014 Berkley Risk Worker Comp TPA Contract Amendment
45. No. LF123113-18 Resolution No. 2014-004 to Amend Inclement Weather Policy in Non-Union Information Guide
46. No. LF123113-19 Resolution No. 2014-005 to Approve Changes of Job Titles Within the Public Works Water and Water Reclamation Divisions
47. No. LF123113-20 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Rapid City and the Rapid City Economic Development Partnership
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items (NONE)
Continued Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items (NONE)
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS Items 48 - 49
Open Public Comment Items 48 - 49
Close Public Comment
48. No. LF121113-15 First Reading, Ordinance No. 5976, An Ordinance To Establish a Mobile Ice Cream Vendor License in the City of Rapid City by Adding Chapter 5.50 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
49. No. LF121113-16 First Reading, Ordinance No. 5977, An Ordinance To Change the Process for City Authorization of Ice Cream Vending from Vehicles on City Streets from a Contract to a Mobile Ice Cream Vendor License by Amending Section 5.48.010 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Compass Committee Items (NONE)
CIP Committee Items (NONE)
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications (NONE)
Council Items & Liaison Reports
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Planning Commission Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 50
Open Public Hearing - Item 50 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing Item 50
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS (NONE)
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 50
50. No. 13RZ028 - Second Reading, Ordinance 5974, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, Rezoning the within Described Property as requested by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers, Inc for Black Hills Habitat for Humanity from Public District to Medium Density Residential District for Block 76 of North Rapid Addition No. 2, property generally located at 925 Dilger Avenue.
51. No. CC010614-01 Bill List for January 6, 2014