M E M O R A N D U M
To: Rapid City City Council
From: Rapid City Planning Commission
No. 00PL039 - Red Rock Canyon Estates
An application by Dream Design, Inc. for BGW Development Co. LLC to consider a request for a Preliminary and Final Plat on Lots 1-11, Block 1, Lots 1-19, Block 2, Lots 1-7, Block 3, Lots 1-3, Block 4 and Lot 1, Block 7, Red Rock Canyon Estates, Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north and east of Countryside Subdivision.
Staff recommends that the Preliminary and Final Plat be continued to the September 5, 2000 City Council meeting as the stipulations have not been met.
PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION:
Planning Commission recommended approval of the Preliminary and Final Plat with the following stipulations:
Engineering Division Recommendations:
1. Prior to Preliminary Plat approval by the City Council, all necessary changes shall be made to the Engineering plans as identified on the red lined drawings. Additionally, the red lined drawings shall be returned to the Engineering Division on or before August 11, 2000;
2. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, the Master Plan shall be revised and submitted to show a water line connection from Phase Three to Phase Eight for review and approval;
3. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, plans for the access routes to the manholes shall be submitted for review and approval; or surety shall be posted for the access route construction design plans and the access route construction costs;
4. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, temporary gravel turnarounds shall be constructed at the end of Pine Valley Drive and Brookline Drive. Barricades and/or signage shall be posted identifying the roads as a "dead end" streets;
5. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, an erosion control plan shall be provided for review and approval;
6. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, a non-access easement shall be shown along Sheridan Lake Road except for the approved approach location and along the east lot line of Lot 1 of Block 1and Lot 3 of Block 2; and along the south lot line of Lot 4, Lot 10, Lot 11 and Lot 17 of Block 2 ;
7. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, construction plans shall be revised to show the extension of utilities to proposed Lots 1 and 2 of Block 7 as well as the construction of sidewalks along this area of Pine Valley Drive;
8. Prior to Final Plat approval of Phase Two, the connector road location along the northern area of the property shall be identified and road construction plans shall be submitted for review and approval. Any interference created by the road with the proposed lift station requiring revisions to the lift station design or the relocation of the lift station shall be at the sole expense of the applicant. Alternatively, the applicant may submit a revised Master Plan revising the subdivision layout to show cul-de-sacs in compliance with the maximum length requirements as established by the Street Design Criteria Manual. In addition no more than forty (40) dwelling units shall be allowed with a single point of access. Access shall also be shown to adjacent properties.
9. Prior to any development east of Phase Four or Fairway No. 6, the interior road extending to the section line right-of-way along the east lot line of the property as well as the section line road extending south to Sheridan Lake Road shall be constructed. In addition, the intersection of Pine Valley Drive and the interior road shall be reconstructed to create Pine Valley Drive in a "T" design with the interior road. The reconstruction of the Pine Valley Drive-interior road intersection shall be at the sole expense of the applicant;
10. Prior to any development east of Phase Four or Fairway No. 6, a complete traffic analysis by a Traffic Engineer, to include average daily trips and peak hour trips at the intersection of the proposed section line road and Sheridan Lake Road as well as the intersection at the Pine Valley Drive and Sheridan Lake Road and signal evaluation, shall be submitted for review and approval. Any revisions or reconstruction of the Pine Valley-Sheridan Lake Road intersection as so warranted by the comprehensive traffic analysis shall be at the sole expense of the applicant;
11. Prior to Final Plat approval of Phase Two, a detailed major drainage plan for the entire site shall be submitted for review and approval. The plan shall address upstream flows and outlet flows per the Red Rock Canyon Drainage Basin Plan. Prior to approval of any additional phases, an agreement shall be entered into relative to the city and applicantís responsibility for any required improvements;
Emergency Services Communication Center Recommendation:
12. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, revised road names shall be submitted to the Emergency Services Communication Center for review and approval. The approved road names shall then be shown on the plat;
Urban Planning Division Recommendations:
13. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, the annexation of the subject property shall be effective and prior to issuance of a building permit and/or a sign permit, the rezoning of the property shall be effective;
14. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council or construction of improvements, a miscellaneous document shall be filed at the Register of Deedís Office creating a utility easement for the extension of the sewer line from Sheridan Lake Road to the lift station and for that portion of the water line being extended from Wildwood Subdivision to the subject property;
15. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, the plat shall be revised to show the detention pond located within Phase One as a "Major Detention Easement". In addition, a triangular piece of property located east of Pine Valley Drive and directly across from the detention pond shall be identified as "public right-of-way".
16. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, the applicant shall enter into an agreement with the City that precludes the issuance of a building permit until such time as a Contractorís Bid has been awarded and a Notice to Proceed has been granted. In addition, the agreement shall stipulate that a Certificate of Occupancy shall not be issued until such time as the water and sewer lines are extended to the individual lot(s);
17. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, a subdivision estimate form shall be submitted and all subdivision inspection fees paid; and,
18. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, surety for any required subdivision improvements that have not been completed shall be posted.