ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M., Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 37
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 37
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve Minutes of March 10, 2015.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW033115-01 – Confirm the Reappointments of Dennis Popp, Erik Braun, John Brewer, Linda Marchand, Andrew Scull, Jonathan Pinkard, Steve Rollinger, Jan Swank, Kay Rippentrop, Karen Bulman and the New Appointment of Galen Hoogestraat to the Planning Commission.
3) PW033115-02 – Confirm the Appointments of Kevin Crosby, Don Martinez, and Kelly Moore to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
4) PW033115-03 – Confirm the Reappointment of Jessica Stori to the Humane Society Board of Directors.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
5) CC031615-02.1 – Approve award of Negotiated Amount for Ellsworth Air Force Base Water Meter Facility Relocation, Project No. W11-1936 / CIP No. 50830 opened on March 10, 2015, to the lowest responsible bidder, Mainline Contracting, Inc., in the amount of $505,887.85.
6) CC031615-02.4– Approve award of Total Bid for E. Signal Drive and Crescent Drive Street and Utility Reconstruction Project., Project No. 12-2052 / CIP No. 50949 opened on March 10, 2015, to the lowest responsible bidder, R.C.S. Construction, Inc., in the amount of $2,681,531.42
Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids
7) PW033115-04 – Utility Cut Portland Concrete Replacement. Estimated cost: $100,000.00.
8) PW033115-05 – St. Andrew and St. Charles Sanitary Sewer and Water Extension, Project No. 14-2168 / CIP No. 50959. Estimated Cost: $2,715,000.00.
9) PW033115-06 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Capital Street & Pierre Street, Project No. 15-2239 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $260,000.00.
10) PW033115-07 – 2015 Lane Line Painting, Project No. 15-2259 / CIP No. 50594. Estimated Cost: $100,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
11) PW033115-08 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Sperlich Consulting Inc. for Professional Services for East Signal Drive Reconstruction Project, Project No. 12-2052 / CIP No. 50949, in the amount of $9,950.00.
12) PW033115-09 – Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Dream Design International Inc. for Professional Services for Jolly Lane to Reservoir Road Trunk Sewer Extension, Project No. 14-2121 / CIP No. 51005, in the amount of $34,752.00.
13) PW033115-10 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Banner Associates Inc. for Design Professional Services for East Rapid City Water Expansion, Project No. 13-2107 / CIP No. 50964, in the amount of $533,960.00.
14) PW033115-11 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Banner Associates Inc. for Construction Professional Services for East Rapid City Water Expansion, Project No. 13-2107 / CIP No. 50964, in the amount of $298,986.00.
15) PW033115-12 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company for Professional Services for Cathodic Protection Technical Services, Project No. 15-2258 / CIP No. 51087, in the amount of $21,500.00.
16) PW033115-13 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering Inc. for Professional Services for the Water Reclamation Facility Plan, Project No. 14-2214 / CIP No. 50943, in the amount of $392,716.00.
17) PW033115-14 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Fulton Street Reconstruction Phase 1 Project 15-2223 / CIP No. 50872.1 and Fulton Street Reconstruction Phase 2, Project No. 15-2224 / CIP No. 50872.2, in the amount of $136,210.00.
18) PW033115-15 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services. Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Countryside Subdivision Water System Conversion Project, Project No. 15-2257 / CIP No. 51086, in the amount of $109,501.00.
19) PW033115-16 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Geiger Architecture for Professional Services for Rapid Transit Addition, Project No. 15-2248 / CIP No. 51084, in the amount of $98,950.00.
20) PW033115-17 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc for Construction Administration Professional Services for Ellsworth Air Force Base Water Meter Facility Relocation, Project No. W11-1936 / CIP No. 50830 in the amount of $42,200.00.
21) PW033115-18 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering for Professional Engineering Services for South Truck Route Drainage Basin Design Plan – Element 203, Project Number 14-2207 / CIP 51031, in the amount of $116,350.00.
22) PW033115-19 – Resolution No. 2015-029 - 2015 Bridge Reinspection Program Resolution.
23) PW033115-20 – Resolution No. 2015-30 Construction Fee Resolution for PLM Subdivision Phase 2A Water Oversize Project No. DEV06-817. (Generally located north of Enchanted Pines Drive)
24) PW033115-21 – Resolution No. 2015-31 Construction Fee Resolution for PLM Subdivision Phase 1B Water Oversize Project No. DEV05-778. (Generally located north of Enchanted Pines Drive)
25) PW033115-22 – Joint Funding Agreement between U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey and City of Rapid City for 2015 Water Resources Investigation to include the operation and maintenance of selected gaging stations and for various hydrologic investigations.
26) PW033115-23 – Temporary Easement Agreement, Quit Claim Deed, and Right of Way Agreement between the State of South Dakota and City of Rapid city for the I-190 / Silver Street Interchange Project, Project No. 12-2053 / CIP No. 50940.
27) PW033115-24 – Consent to Cross a U.S. Government Easement for use by the City of Rapid City to Cross a Waterline Easement, Number USAF-ACC-FXBM-15-2-0228, for Construction of the Country Road and 143rd Avenue Water Main Extension Project, Project No. 14-2174 / CIP No. 50920.
28) PW033115-25 – Permanent Utility Easement to Black Hills Power Inc. for the Horace Mann Pool project.
29) PW033115-26 – Permanent Utility Easement to Black Hills Power Inc. for the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Reconstruction project.
30) PW033115-27 – Resolution No. 2015-035 A Resolution to Declare an Emergency and Authorize Replacement of Certain Fixtures and Equipment for Well 13.
31) PW033115-28 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for E. Idaho Street, E. Nevada Street, Ivy Avenue Street and Utility Reconstruction and Meade/Hawthorne Drainage Element 221 Improvements Project No. 15-2253 / CIP No. 50421.3-1A and Willow Avenue, Ivy Avenue, Fairlane Drive Project No. 15-2254 / CIP No. 50421.3-1B. Estimated Project Cost: $5,300.000.00.
32) PW033115-29 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Consultant Services for Space Study Analysis for City Administration Facilities, Project No. 15-2237 / CIP No. 51080. Estimated Cost: $75,000.00.
33) PW033115-30 – Approve with the Requirement to Sign a Waiver of Right to Protest a Request from Boomshockalock, LLC for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 Along Dyess Avenue for the NW1/4 of the SW1/4 and the N 926’ of SW1/4 of the SW1/4, Section 21, T2N, R8E, Rapid City.
34) PW033115-31 – Approve Proposed Resolution of Necessity Setting Time and Place of Hearing on May 4, 2015, at 6:30 p.m., for Resolution No. 2015-033 a Resolution of Necessity for Countryside Water System Conversion Project, Project No. 15-2257 / CIP No. 51086.
35) PW033115-36 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Two (2) 2015 ½ Ton 4-Wheel Drive Extended Cab Pick Ups from Billion Auto for $51,012.00 Using State Bid Contract (this purchasing authority will replace the one approved by City Council on December 15, 2014).
36) PW033115-37 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Two (2) 2015 ½ Ton 4-Wheel Drive Extended Cab Pick Up from Billion Auto for $51,012.00 Using State Bid Contract.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
37) PW033115-32 – Authorize Staff to Purchase Golf Course Equipment from Midwest Turf and Irrigation, in the total amount of $255,774.22.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 38 – 42
Public Comment opened – Items 38 – 42
Public Comment closed
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
38) PW093014-29 – Return Fairmont Recycle Site for South Rapid City – Alderman Ron Weifenbach. (Continued from the December 15, 2014, City Council Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
39) PW021015-16 – Policy Regarding Replacement or Reimbursement of Damaged Sprinkler Systems within the Public Right of Way. (Referred from the November 3, 2014 City Council Meeting) (Continued from the March 10, 2015, Public Works Committee Meeting)
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
40) PW033115-33 – Report on request from skate board enthusiasts to install lighting at the New York Street Skate Park.
41) PW033115-34 – Mountain Pine Beetle Program Update.
42) PW033115-35 – Update on the Survivable Space Initiative – Lt. Tim Weaver