ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M., Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 22
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 22
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve Minutes of February 24, 2015.
Items From The Public Works Department
2) CC030215-02.2 – Waive Technical Irregularities in the Low Bid pursuant to SDCL 5-18A-5(6) and Approve Award of Base Bid and Alternate for 2013 Storm Damage Recovery Project, Project No. 14-2210 / CIP No. 51059 Opened on February 24, to the Lowest Responsible Bidder, Bolt Companies, Inc., in the Amount of $343,174.00. (Referred from the March 2, 2015 Council Meeting)
Approve Change Order
3) PW031015-01 – Change Order No. 2 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Utility Maintenance Facility, Project No. 13-2120 / CIP 50870, for an increase of $6,038.00.
4) PW031015-02 – Change Order No. 1 to PKG Contracting, Inc. for WRF UV Disinfection System and Post Aeration System Improvements, Project No. 14-2157/CIP No. 51017 for an increase of $22,399.00.
Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids
5) PW031015-03 – Harter Addition Sewer and Water Improvements, Project No. 14-2222 / CIP No. 51055. Estimated Cost: $250,000.00.
6) PW031015-04 – North Rapid Booster Station Reconstruction, Project No. 13-2080 / CIP No. 50812.A. Estimated Cost: $1,750,000.00.
7) PW031015-05 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Palmer Drive and Hogen Court, Project No. 15-2252 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $175,000.00.
8) PW031015-06 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Forest Street and Juniper Street, Project No. 15-2245 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated Cost: $100,000.00.
9) PW031015-07 – Ready Mixed Concrete. Estimated Cost: $63,000.00
10) PW031015-08 – Hot Mixed Asphaltic Concrete. Estimated Cost: $161,000.00.
11) PW031015-09 – Limestone Gravel. Estimated Cost: $87,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
12) PW031015-10 – Resolution No 2015-023, A Resolution to Approve the Sale of Water to the City of Box Elder on an Interim Basis Beginning April 1, 2015.
13) PW031015-11 – Amendment No. 1 to Bartlett and West for North Rapid Booster Pump Station Reconstruction, Project No. 13-2080 / CIP No. 50812.A, in the amount of $65,804.00.
14) PW031015-12 – Resolution No. 2015-024, Amended Construction Fee Resolution for Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS09-1830.
15) PW031015-13 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for 38th Street Reconstruction – Phase 1, Project No. 15-2232 / CIP No. 50716.1 and 38th Street Reconstruction – Phase 2, Project No. 15-2233 / CIP No. 50716.2.
16) PW031015-14 – Authorize Staff to Negotiate Professional Consultant Services Contract with Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) for Countryside Subdivision Water System Conversion.
17) PW031015-15 – Authorize lowering the percentage of work that the Contractor must perform, with their own organization, from 50% to 35% for the North Rapid Booster Station Reconstruction, Project Number 13-2080, CIP # 50812.A.
18) PW021015-16 – Continue to the March 31, 2015, Public Works Committee Meeting the Policy Regarding Replacement or Reimbursement of Damaged Sprinkler Systems within the Public Right of Way. (Referred from the November 3, 2014 City Council Meeting) (Continued from the February 17, 2015, Public Works Committee Meeting)
19) PW031015-18 - Deny per staff recommendation the request for abatement of Stormwater Drainage Utility Fee from Pine Lawn Memorial Park, Inc. 4301 Tower Road
20) PW031015-19 - Approve per staff recommendation the request for Stormwater Drainage Utility fee abatement as follows: David S Lamb, 2015, $1,476.81; Jerold D Schuelke, 2015, $1,691.26; Southern Cross, LLC, 2015, $247.46; Jenner, LLC, 2015, $1,806.96; Drainage Commission, 2015, $57.15; Hansen-Larson Memorial Park, 2015, $3,494.26
21) PW031015-17 – Renew Contract with Hawkins Inc. for Fluoride, Chlorine Gas, Sodium Hypochlorite, Citric Acid, Sodium Bisulfite, and Sodium Hydroxide for one year.
Community planning Department
22) 15VR001 - Michael Subdivision - A request by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers, Inc. for Koser Enterprises LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Section Line Highway for Section Line right-of-way in Lot A of Michael Subdivision located in Section 34, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located in the northwest corner of the intersection of Deadwood Avenue and Lien Street.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items – 23-24
Public Comment opened – Items – 23-24
Public Comment closed
Items From The Public Works Department
23) PW031015-16 – Deny per staff recommendation the request from Bartholin & Skenes, LLC for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 Along Elk Vale Road for Tract A, Block 2 of Heartland Retail Center to be platted to Tract AR of Block 2, Heartland Retail Center.
24) LF022515-09 – Resolution No. 2015-008B.1 Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property. (Referred from the March 2, 2015 Council meeting)