ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M., Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 16
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 16
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve Minutes of February 10, 2015.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
2) PW022415-01 – Change Order #1 to Mainline Contracting for Meadowbrook Galleries Demolition, Project No. 13-2129 / CIP No. 51014, for an increase of $29,880.93.
3) PW022415-02 – Change Order #1 to RCS Construction for Horace Mann Pool & Park, Project No. 13-2090 / CIP No. 50948, for an increase of $731.00.
4) PW022415-03 – Change Order # 1F to Precision Mechanical for Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Supplemental Heating, Project No. 14-2213 / CIP No. 51061, for an increase of $1,880.00.
Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids
5) PW022415-04 – Current Year Tandem Dump Truck for Water Utility Maintenance. Estimated Cost: $120,000.00.
6) PW022415-05 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Copper Hill Area, Project No. 15-2238 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated Cost: $325,000.00.
7) PW022415-06 – Nordby Lane Reconstruction, Project No. 14-2175 / CIP No. 50803. Estimated Cost: $1,500,000.00.
8) PW022415-18 – Long View Road Water Transmission Main Extension, Project No. 12-2013 / CIP No. 50900. Estimated Cost: $2,300,000.00.
Authorize Mayor And Finance Officer To Sign
9) PW022415-07 – Amendment No. 2 to Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG for Professional Services for the Rapid City Utility Maintenance Facility, Project No. 13-2120 / CIP No. 50870 for an amount not to exceed $39,172.70.
10) PW022415-08 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and American Engineering and Testing Inc. for Sampling, Analysis, and Reporting Related to 2015 Environmental Monitoring for the Rapid City Municipal Landfill, Project No. 15-2250, in the amount of $89,884.94.
11) PW022415-09 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for E. Custer Street Reconstruction – Milwaukee to Racine, Project No. 14-2211 / CIP No. 50916 and E. College Avenue Reconstruction – Milwaukee to Racine, Project No. 14-2212 / CIP No. 50918, in the amount of $164,665.00.
12) PW022415-10 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Dyess Avenue Reconstruction and Downstream Drainage Channel Improvements, Project No. 15-2032 / CIP 50934, in the amount of $250,320.00.
13) PW022415-11 – Authorize lowering the percentage of work that the Contractor must perform, with their own organization, from 50% to 35% for the Ellsworth Air Force Base Water Meter Facility Relocation, Project No. W11-1936.
Rapid Transit Division
14) PW022415-12 – Authorize Staff to Submit 5307 Transit Grant to the Federal Transit Administration in the Amount of $1,937,043 for Operating and Capital Assistance, Accept Funds if Awarded, and Authorize Signature of Associated Contracts.
15) PW022415-13 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Section 5307 Urban Public Transportation Grant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and the State of South Dakota Department of Transportation.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
16) PW022415-14 – Authorize the Black Hills Farmers Market to Use Founders Park for the 2015 Season.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 17 – 18
Public Comment opened – Items 17 – 18
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
17) PW022415-15 – Discussion on HB 1232 Establishing a Methodology to Determine the Value of Small-Scale Electricity – Alan Anderson. (Referred from the February 17, 2015, Council)
18) PW022415-17 – Discussion on Autumn Hills Bridge – Jerry Mehrer.