ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 25, 2014; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 27
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 27
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW022514-01 – Approve Minutes of February 11, 2014.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW022514-29 – Confirm the Appointments Barbara A. Preszler as a voting member, Ken Steinken as Alternate #1, and Nisa Schwiesow-Kerr as Alternate #2 to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW022514-02 – Approve the Adjustment of the Utility Support Fund Funding Schedule – Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund Oversight Committee.
4) PW022514-03 – Approve the SAB 28 Fund Program Guidelines – Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund Oversight Committee.
5) PW022514-04 – Approve the SAB 28 Fund Policy for Fees on Assessed Projects – Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund Oversight Committee.
6) PW022514-05 – Approve SAB 28 Funding Request for Countryside Subdivision Voluntary Annexation / Water System Improvements for $800,000.00 contingent upon approval of the annexation agreement – Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund Oversight Committee.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids
7) PW022514-06 – Harmony Lane Street and Utilities Reconstruction Project, Project No. 12-2047 / CIP No. 50712. Estimated Cost: $950,000.00.
8) PW022514-07 – East Signal Drive and Crescent Drive Street and Utility Reconstruction Project, Project No. 12-2052 / CIP No. 50949. Estimated Cost: $2,000,000.00.
9) PW022514-08 – Main Street Water Valve Project, Project No. 08-1761 / CIP No. 50705. Estimated Cost: $400,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
10) PW022514-09 – Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Pennington County Auditor for Collection of Stormwater Drainage Utility Fees.
11) PW022514-10 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Burns and McDonnell for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Cell 12 GCCS Expansion, Project No. SW13-2147, in the amount of $183,392.00.
12) PW022514-11 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Dream Design International for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Rapid Valley Sanitary Sewer Bypass, Project No. 13-2076 / CIP No. 50911 in the amount of $87,543.20.
13) PW022514-12 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for West Omaha Street Utilities – Sheffer Street to 12th Street, Project No. 16-2099 / CIP No. 50904, in the amount of $407,605.00.
14) PW022514-13 – State of South Dakota Joint Powers Financial Agreement between the Department of Transportation and City of Rapid City for the Mount Rushmore Road Project.
15) PW022514-14 – Set Hearing date for SRF Application pertaining to the “East Rapid City Water System Expansion Project”.
16) PW022514-15 – Resolution 2014-027 - 2014 Bridge Reinspection Program Resolution.
17) PW022514-16 – Resolution 2014-024 a Resolution Supporting a Solid Waste Management Grant for Funds to Support an Event Recycling Program and accept if awarded.
18) PW022514-17 – Resolution 2014-022 a Resolution Supporting a Solid Waste Management Grant for Funds to Support a New Public Scale House Facility and accept if awarded.
19) PW022514-18 – Resolution 2014-023 a Resolution Supporting a Solid Waste Management Grant for Funds to Support a Secured 24 Hour Service Area abd accept if awarded.
20) PW022514-19 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Mallridge / Country Road Water Transmission Main, Project No. 14-2173 / CIP No. 50460 and Country Road and 143rd Street Water Main Extension Project No. 14-2174 / CIP No. 50920.
21) PW022514-20 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Nordby Lane Reconstruction Project 14-2175 / CIP No. 50803.
22) PW022514-21 – Approve a Request from Renner and Associates, LLC for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk Along Eglin Street, Dyess Avenue and Beale Street for the property located at 2810 Eglin Street per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
23) PW022514-22 – Grant a Temporary Easement to the South Dakota Department of Transportation for Lot 1 and Lot A of Lot 2 of Tract A in Block 1 of the Owen Mann Tract in the City of Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota for SDDOT Project P 0231(12)80 PCN 02R5, being let in conjunction with City Project No. 16-2022 / CIP 50448, West Chicago Street Utility Reconstruction.
24) PW022514-23 – Authorize Public Works Director and City Attorney to terminate the contract with Pendo’s Construction, Inc. for the 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project, Schedule C, dated 1/31/2013, make all necessary claims against the performance and payment bond provided, and to take such action necessary to repair and finish the project.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
25) PW022514-24 – Approve a Memorandum of Agreement with Neighborworks Dakota Home Resources to construct a playground in Willow Park, located at the intersection of Monroe Street and Lemmon Avenue (near the community gardens).
26) PW022514-25 – Authorize the Black Hills Farmers Market to utilize Founders Park during the 2014 season as follows: 1) Every Saturday in June with the exception of June 21, 2014; and 2) Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from July through October, with the exception of August 30, 2014.
27) PW022514-26 – Acknowledge Cemetery Improvements Report.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 28 – 31
Public Comment opened – Items 28 – 31
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
28) PW021114-41 – Request by Lazy P6 Land Company Inc. for Water and Sewer Service for Property Located Outside the Corporate City Limits legally described as Unit 11 and Undivided Interest in Common Area, Southgate Commercial Condos, Section 19, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota – generally located South and East of the 5th Street and Catron Boulevard intersection. (Continued from the February 11, 2014, Public Works Committee Meeting)
29) PW022514-27 – Request for Sanding and Street Sweeping on Serendipity Lane – Ron Bunnell, President Chapel Lane Village Home Owner’s Association.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Solid Waste Division
30) PW022514-28 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5973 Amending Provisions Concerning Garbage and Refuse Collection in Newly Annexed Areas by Amending Section 8.08.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
31) PW021114-40 – Approve Resolution No. 2014-021 Declaring Highmark, Inc. and Dale Schuelke Non-Responsible Bidders on the Award of Future City Projects. (Continued from the February 11, 2014, Public Works Committee Meeting)