ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 11, 2014; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 41
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 41
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW021114-01 – Approve Minutes of January 28, 2014.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
2) PW021114-02 – Change Order #1 to RCS Construction for South Berry Pine Road Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. 11-1957 / CIP No. 50895, for a decrease in the amount of $40,011.94.
Authorize Staff To Advertise For Bids
3) PW021114-03 – 2014 4” Water Main Replacement and Looping Project, Project No. 14-2128 / CIP No. 51013. Estimated Cost: $475,000.00.
4) PW021114-04 – Mount Rushmore Road Utilities Reconstruction, Project No. 11-1926 / CIP No.50840. Estimated Cost: $1,400,000.00.
5) PW021114-05 – Current Model Year Single Axle Sander with Plow. Estimated Cost: $ 105,000.00.
6) PW021114-06 – Current Model Year Motor Grader. Estimated Cost: $270,000.00.
7) PW021114-07 – Three (3) Current Model Year ½ Ton Crew Cab, Short Box Pickups. Estimated Cost: $69,000.00.
8) PW021114-08 – Current Model Year Street Sweeper. Estimated Cost: $225,000.00.
9) PW021114-09 – 2014 Out of the Dust Project, Project No. 14-2172 / CIP No. 50297. Estimated Cost: $60,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
10) PW021114-10 – Construction Manager Agreement with M. A. Mortenson Company for the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Arena Expansion, Project No. 13-2132 / CIP 51018, for an amount not to exceed $115,000.
11) PW021114-11 – Professional Consultant Agreement with ARC International, Inc. for the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Arena Expansion, Project No. 13-2132 / CIP 51018, for an amount not to exceed $385,000.
12) PW021114-12 – Right-of-Way Vacation Application to vacate a portion of Gold Street and Nowlin Street adjacent to City owned Property.
13) PW021114-13 – Right-of-Way Agreement for a Permanent Utility Easement for the Mount Rushmore Road Reconstruction Project.
14) PW021114-14 – Permanent Utility Easement to Black Hills Power Inc. for an area along Jackson Boulevard.
15) PW021114-16 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and TSP for Construction Professional Services for Aspen Avenue Bridge Repairs Project, Project No. 13-2119 / CIP No. 50445, in the amount of $15,300.00.
16) PW021114-17 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Sperlich Consulting Inc. for Construction Professional Services for Robbinsdale Area Utility and Street Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2063 / CIP No. 50421.3-3, in the amount of $110,157.50.
17) PW021114-18 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Geo-Logic Associates Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for 2014 Solid Waste Permit Amendment in the amount of $229,115.00.
18) PW021114-19 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Geo-Logic Associates Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Cells 13, 14 and 17 Final Cover System in the amount of $96,940.00.
19) PW012814-11 – Acknowledge Applicant’s request to Withdraw Authorizing a Public Pressure Sewer System for properties located along Calle Baja Street located in Section 9, 1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota. (Continued from the January 28, 2014, Public Works Committee Meeting)
20) PW021114-21 – Renew Contract with Old Dominion for Sweeper Broom Refills for One Year.
Solid Waste Division
21) PW021114-22 – Acknowledge 44th Annual City Wide Clean Up Week – April 21 through April 26, 2014.
22) PW021114-23 – Authorize Temporary Price Reduction for Yard Waste Compost.
23) PW021114-24 – Renew Contract with Hawkins, Inc. for Fluoride for one year.
24) PW021114-25 – Renew Contract with Hawkins, Inc. for Chlorine Gas for one year.
25) PW021114-26 – Renew Contract with Hawkins, Inc. for Sodium Hypochlorite for one year.
26) PW021114-27 – Renew Contract with Hawkins, Inc. for Citric Acid for one year.
27) PW021114-28 – Renew Contract with Hawkins, Inc. for Sodium Bisulfite for one year.
28) PW021114-29 – Renew Contract with Hawkins, Inc. for Sodium Hydroxide for one year.
Rapid Transit Division
29) PW021114-30 – Authorize staff to submit, and accept if awarded, a grant application to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requesting operating/capital assistance in the amount of $1,616,967 for the Rapid Transit System.
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
30) PW021114-31 – Approve the Procedures for Design-Build Procurement of Public Improvement Projects (Best Value Process).
31) PW021114-40 – Approve Resolution No. 2014-021 Declaring Highmark, Inc. and Dale Schuelke Non-Responsible Bidders on the Award of Future City Projects.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
32) PW021114-32 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for Design Build of Natural Surface Trails in the Skyline Wilderness Park – Phase ll, Project No. PR13-6109 (CIP No. 51002).
33) PW021114-33 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Agreement with Stone Orchard Software, Inc. for Cemetery Software, Project No. PR14-6113, in the amount of $29,390.
34) PW021114-34 – Authorize staff to advertise for bids for Meadowbrook Golf Course Bunker Improvements Project PR12-6101.
35) PW021114-35 – Authorize staff to advertise for bids for one Wide Area Rotary Mower for the Parks Division, in the approximate amount of $60,000.
36) PW021114-36 – Authorize staff to purchase one 2014 Grand Caravan from State Bid Contract No. 16547 (Wegner Auto, Pierre, SD) in the amount of $20,434.
37) PW021114-37 – Authorize staff to purchase one 2014 Explorer Utility Vehicle from McKie Ford in the amount of $26,138.
38) PW021114-38 – Authorize staff to purchase one 2014 (1) Ton Truck 4x4 F350 Truck for the Recreation Division from McKie Ford in the amount of $24,077.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
39) PW021114-39 – Information item from the City Comprehensive Plan Consultant, Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. titled “Cost of Growth Analysis and Public Financing Toolbox”.
METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
40) 14TP002 – 2013 Traffic Count Book.
41) 14TP003 – 2012 – 2014 Pedestrian & Bicyclist Crash Report.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Item 42
Public Comment opened – Item 42
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
42) PW021114-41 – Request by Lazy P6 Land Company Inc. for Water and Sewer Service for Property Located Outside the Corporate City Limits legally described as Unit 11 and Undivided Interest in Common Area, Southgate Commercial Condos, Section 19, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota – generally located South and East of the 5th Street and Catron Boulevard intersection.