ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, August 27, 2013; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 11
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 11
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW082713-01 – Approve Minutes of July 30, 2013.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
2) PW082713-02 – Change Order #1F to Goudy Engineering Inc for 30 Inch Steel Water Main CPS Rehabilitation, Project No. 11-2015 / CIP No. 50902, for an increase of $5,171.64.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
3) PW082713-03 – Water Reclamation Facility Ferric Chloride. Estimated Cost: $30,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
4) PW082713-04 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson Inc. for Professional Services for Knollwood & Haines Intersection Improvement, Project No. 13-2122 / CIP No. 50965, in the amount of $13,962.00.
5) PW082713-05 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and CETEC Engineering Services Inc. for Professional Services for Mount Rushmore Road Reconstruction, Project No. 11-1926 / CIP No. 50840, in the amount of $44,228.00.
6) PW082713-06 – Acknowledge Anode Bed Notification to MDU and Response.
7) PW082713-07 – Authorize Removal of Decorative Star from the Top of the Highway 16 Elevated Water Reservoir.
8) PW082713-08 – Request from Scott O’Meara for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 Along Tower Road and US Hwy 16 for the property located at 4282 Tower Road.
9) PW082713-09 – Authorize the Public Works Director to enter into agreements on behalf of the City with property owners wishing to connect to the sanitary sewer system constructed as part of the South Berry Pine Rd. Sanitary Sewer Extension – Source Water Protection and West Main Street Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction Project.
10) PW082713-10 – Approve Public Works Recommendation to not use Onsite Water as an Irrigation Water Source for the New Soccer Complex.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
11) PW032613-25 – Recommended changes to the Tax Increment Financing Guideline/Policy. (Continued from the July 9, 2013, Public Works Committee Meeting) Recommend Continuing to the October 15, 2013, Public Works Committee Meeting.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR