ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, August 13, 2013; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 22
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 22
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW081313-01 – Approve Minutes of July 30, 2013.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW081313-02 – Confirm the Reappointment of Dr. David C. Bartsch and the Appointments of Dan Rokusek and Brian L. James to the Rapid City Area Air Quality Board.
3) PW081313-03 – Confirm the Reappointment of Clancy Kingsbury and the Appointment of Vicky Fenhaus to the Historic Sign Review Committee.
4) PW081313-04 – Confirm the Reappointments of S. Allen Freeland, Eldene Henderson, and Ken Steinken and the Appointment of Jay Pond to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
5) PW081313-05 – Change Order No. 1F to RCS Construction for East Meade Street Water Main Repair, Project No. 13-2114 / CIP No. 51001, for a decrease of $8,332.24.
6) PW081313-06 – Change Order No. 5 to Moltz Construction, Inc. for Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789, for an increase in the Contract Price of $34,688.00.
7) PW081313-07 – Change Order No. 4 to Dean Kurtz Construction Company for Elk Vale Lift Station, Project No. 11-1999 / CIP No. 50728, for an increase of $68,451.00.
8) PW081313-08 – Change Order No. 1F to Hills Materials Company for Pavement Rehabilitation – Locust Street, Project No. 13-2068 / CIP No. 50844, for a decrease of $9,695.96.
9) PW081313-09 – Change Order No. 5F to Mainline Contracting for Elm Avenue Reconstruction – East Oakland Street to Utah Street, Project No. ST10-1777 / CIP No. 50643, for an increase of $1,436.85.
10) PW081313-10 – Change Order No. 2F to Mainline Contracting for East Idaho and Ivy Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2059 / CIP No. 50421.3-1A, for a decrease of $24,751.28.
11) PW081313-11 – Change Order No. 1F to Highmark Inc. for Homestead-Meadow Ridge Transmission Main Extension, Project No. 12-2011 / CIP No. 50898, for a decrease of $31,900.00.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
12) PW081313-12 – ASA Softball – Parkview Addition, Project No. 12-2043 / CIP No. 50937. Estimated cost: $1,520,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
13) PW081313-13 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Fennell Design Inc. for Professional Services for Horace Mann Park Pool Replacement, Project No. PR11-1942 / CIP No. 50864, in the amount of $395,750.00.
14) PW081313-14 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering Inc. for Construction Professional Services for Minnewasta Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2060 / CIP No. 50383, in the amount of $56,257.00.
15) PW081313-15 – Waiver of Right to Protest a future assessment for the installation of curb, gutter, sidewalk, pavement, sanitary sewer and street light conduit along Dyess Avenue as it abuts a portion of SE1/4NE1/4 of Section 20, T2N, R8E of the Black Hills Meridian, Pennington County, South Dakota. (Generally located ½ mile north of Seger Drive on Dyess Avenue)
16) PW081313-16 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and American Technical Services Inc. for Material Testing and Inspection Services for Roosevelt Park 50-Meter Pool, Project No. 12-2090 / CIP No. 50948, in the amount of $25,764.00.
17) PW081313-17 – Recommendation for Scope of Construction for Dakota Drive and West Main Street Utility Reconstruction Project W10-1894.
18) PW081313-18 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Homestead Subdivision Phase II - Ziebach Street Improvements, DEV 12-1066.
19) PW081313-19 – Request from Jim Steele for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk along Sun Ridge Road as it abuts proposed Lot 3 of the S and S Subdivision per City Ordinance 12.08.060.
METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
20) 13TP037 -- 2013-2017 Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Plan -- Final Report.
21) 13TP039 -- 2014-2017 Transportation Improvement Program – Final.
22) 13TP040 -- Rapid City Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Functional Class Map.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 23 – 27
Public Comment opened – Items 23 – 27
Public Comment closed
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
23) PW081313-20 – Annual Report and Upcoming Goals for 2012-2014 from the Standing Committee on Sustainability – Erik Heikes.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
24) PW073013-15 – Request from Dream Design International for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk Along South Dakota Highway 44 per City Ordinance 12.08.060. (Continued from the July 30, 2013, Public Works Committee Meeting)
25) PW073013-16 – Request from Dream Design International for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk Along Proposed Lytle Lane per City Ordinance 12.08.060. (Continued from the August 5, 2013, City Council Meeting)
26) PW081313-21 – Update on Racine Street Storm Water Drainage Issues.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
27) PW081313-22 – Report on Noxious Weed Concerns Resulting from Street Reconstruction – 5th Street to Saint Anne Street – Jeff Barbier.