ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 9, 2013; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 20
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 20
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW070913-01 – Approve Minutes of June 25, 2013.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW070913-02 – Confirm Appointment of Karen Bulman to the Planning Commission as Alternate #2.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
3) PW070913-04 – Change Order #1F to J&J Asphalt Company for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Heights and Cliff Drive, Project No. 13-2070 / CIP No. 50549, for an increase of $13,191.89.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
4) PW070913-05 – Purchase and Sale Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Hills Materials Company for Real Property Located at 225 E. Main Street North.
5) PW070913-06 – Lease of Real Property with Hills Materials Company for property generally located at 225 E Main Street N.
6) PW070913-07 – Resolution No. 2013-074 A Resolution of Necessity for the Acquisition of Public Right-of-Way Over Private Property for the Purpose of Constructing a Street and Other Public Infrastructure Through the Exercise of Eminent Domain. (Enchanted Pines Drive)
7) PW070913-08 – Agreement for Data Services with Midcontinent Communications for 36 months of service at the Landfill in the amount of $18,000.00.
8) PW070913-09 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Southside Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension Project, 14-2095 / CIP No. 50328, in the amount of $483,809.00.
9) PW070913-10 – Amendment No. 3 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company Inc. for Construction Administration Services for Rapid City Landfill Cells 15 & 16 Landfill Liner and Leachate Collection System Design, Project No. LF11-1974/CIP 50888, in the amount of $212,926.50.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
10) PW070913-11 – Annual 2013 Out of the Dust Project, Project No. ST13-2116 / CIP No. 50297. Estimated Cost: $100,000.00.
11) PW070913-12 – Canyon Lake / Red Dale Sidewalk Installation, Project No. SW12-2042 / CIP No. 50936. Estimated Cost: $75,000.00.
12) PW070913-13 – Alma St., Gladys St., and Lennon Ln. Water Main Extensions, Project No. 12-2039 / CIP No. 50912. Estimated Cost: $525,000.00.
13) PW070913-14 – Request Authorization to Purchase Five (5) New Current Year Model ½ ton Pickups from McKie Ford for $102,556.00 using State Contract #16416.
Parks and Recreation Department
14) PW070913-15 – Authorize Mayor to sign Application for Development Review for Canyon Lake Little League Boys Major Field Fence/Dugout Relocation Project.
15) PW070913-16 – Approve Policy on Placement of Items in the Public Park System.
16) PW070913-17 – Approve Public Art Policy for Department of Parks and Recreation.
17) PW070913-18 – Accept Property Adjacent to Skyline Wilderness Park Deeded to City by Pennington County.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
18) PW032613-25 – Recommended changes to the Tax Increment Financing Guideline/Policy. (Continued from the May 28, 2013, Public Works Committee Meeting)
METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
19) 13TP020 – Approve 2014-2017 Transportation Improvement Program – Draft.
20) 13TP029 – Approve 2013-2017 Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Plan – Draft.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR