ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, January 10, 2012; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 22
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 22
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) Approve Minutes of December 27, 2011.
Items From the Mayor
2) PW011012-01 – Confirm Reappointment of Dennis Hettich – Citizen Representative, Paul Weber – Sign Construction Industry, and Peter Neumann – Architectural Community Representative to the Sign Code Board of Appeals.
3) PW011012-02 – Confirm Appointment of William Knight – Citizen Alternate and Reappointment of Peter Neumann – Citizen, Robb Schlimgen – Citizen, and Vernon Osterloo – Citizen Alternate to the Rapid City Zoning Board of Adjustment.
4) PW011012-03 – Confirm Appointment of Darren Stanz and Morgan Wieseler to the Sign Contractor Board.
Approve Change Order
5) PW011012-04 – Change Order No.1 to Heavy Constructors for East North Street – Cambell to Pine, Project No. ST08-1511 / CIP No. 50142, for an increase of $2,782.69.
6) PW011012-05 – Change Order No. 1 to Heavy Constructors for Cambell Street Box Culvert, Project No. DR10-1909 / CIP No. 50020, for a decrease of $57,263.84.
7) PW011012-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Heavy Constructors for Hoefer Avenue Bridge Repairs, Project No. ST11-1964 / CIP No. 50752, for a decrease of $1,619.27.
8) PW011012-07 – Change Order No. 1 to Moltz Construction, Inc. for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789, for an increase of $10,627.00.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
9) PW011012-08 – Elm Avenue Phase 4 – East Oakland Street to East Utah Street, Project No. 10-1777 / CIP No. 50643. Estimated Cost: $2,000,000.00.
10) PW011012-09 – Street Rehabilitation Project – Trout Court, Project No. 12-1986 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated Cost: $80,000.00.
11) PW011012-20 – Rand Road Drainage Channel – Phase 2, Project No. DR11-1839 / CIP No. 50759. Estimated Cost: $225,000.00.
12) PW011012-21 – Perrine Drainage Outfall Element 8, Project No. DR11-1963 / CIP No. 50836. Estimated Cost: $80,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
13) PW011012-10 – Professional Services Agreement for Construction Phase Services in the amount of $148,618.00 for the Water Reclamation Facility Pretreatment Improvements-Construction and Installation; Project No. WRF11-1928; CIP No. 50855.
14) PW011012-11 – Permanent Utility Easement granted to Black Hills Power Inc. for an area near Founder’s Park.
15) PW011012-13 – Authorize Submittal of State Water Plan Application Form as the Initial Step in Renewal of the Consolidated Construction Grant for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant and Authorize the Mayor as Signatory for Items Concerning this Application.
16) PW011012-14 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for West Chicago Street and Staton Place Reconstruction and Drainage Improvements, Project No. 12-1187 / CIP No. 50364. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,465,000.00.
17) PW011012-15 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project, GB12-2016 / CIP No. 50903.
18) PW011012-18 – Approve Resolution No. 2012-003, Construction Fee Resolution for Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1830.
Solid Waste Division
19) PW011012-19 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Design and Construction of a Solid Waste Citizen Campus and Redesign of Scale House and Landfill Entrance. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $2,200,000.00.
20) PW011012-23 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Burns & McDonnell Engineering Co. for Professional Services for the Rapid City Landfill Cells 15 & 16 Landfill Liner and Leachate Collection System Design Project, Project No. LF11-1974 / CIP No. 50888 in the amount of $229,467.00.
Community Planning Department
21) 11FV010 - Knollwood Heights Subdivision No. 2 – A request by James Bialota to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence in lieu of a four foot high fence in the front yard setback for Lot 2 of Block 10 of Knollwood Heights Subdivision No. 2 located in Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1502 Downing Street.
Parks and Recreation Department
22) PW011012-22 – Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Dinosaur Park Concession Building Improvements, Project PR11-6028. Estimated Cost: $89,000.00.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 23 – 25
Public Comment opened – Items 23 – 25
Public Comment closed
Items From the Public Works Director
23) PW011012-16 – Solid Waste Division Report – Karl Merbach.
Parks and Recreation Department
24) PW011012-17 – Discontinue Mowing in Rights-of-Way.
Metropolitan Planning Organization
25) 11TP033 – Piedmont Valley Neighborhood Area Future Land Use Plan – Draft Report. (Continued from the December 27, Public Works Committee Meeting)