ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, December 27, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of December 13, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 11
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 11
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
1) PW122711-01 – Confirm Reappointment of Bob Brandt – 3-Mile Extraterritorial Jurisdiction, John Herr – Rapid City Citizen, and Mike Albertson – Professional Engineer to the Development Appeals and Review Board.
2) PW122711-02 – Confirm Reappointment of David Grundstrom, Jim Bickett, William Morrison, and David Asbridge to the Rapid City Residential Contractor Board.
3) PW122711-03 – Confirm Reappointment of Jeffrey Schild and Confirm the Appointment of Nicholas Stroot, Rick Askvig, and Karen Olson to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
4) PW122711-04 – Confirm Appointment of Greg Suto – Utility Company; and Confirm the Reappointment of Tim Erickson – Telecommunications Company and Floyd Schafer – Contractor to the Rapid City Trenching Board.
5) PW122711-16 – Confirm Reappointment of Mark Thomas – Mechanical Installer to the Mechanical Board.
ITEM FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
6) PW122711-05 – City Department Energy Conservation Report – Gunar Dzintars.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
7) PW122711-06 – Amendment No. 1 to Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Engineering for Professional Services for the County Heights Drainage Basin Design Plan Update, Project No. DR10-1870 / CIP No. 50757 for a completion date change to April 16, 2012.
8) PW122711-07 – Approve the Request from DTH L.L.C. to Waive the Requirement to Immediately Install Sidewalks at Alma Street, Northridge Drive, Sagewood Street, and Gladys Street.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
9) 11TP037 – Acknowledge 2011 Traffic Volume Counts Report.
10) 11TP033 – Piedmont Valley Neighborhood Area Future Land Use Plan – Draft Report. (Continued from the December 13, Public Works Committee Meeting)
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
11) PW122711-08 – Approve Transfer of $30,000.00 from Meadowbrook Development Fund to Meadowbrook Enterprise Fund and Transfer $90,000.00 from General Fund Unspent Dollars to Executive Golf Course Fund.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 12 – 18
Public Comment opened – Items 12 – 18
Public Comment closed
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
12) PW122711-14 – Journey Museum Liaison Report – Ritchie Nordstrom.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
13) PW122711-15 – Street Division Report – Don Brumbaugh.
14) PW122711-09 – Update on Parking Ramp Configuration – James Johns.
15) PW122711-10 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5780 to Amend the Established Parking Zones in the City of Rapid City by Amending Section 10.44.010 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
16) PW122711-11 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5784 to Establish Free Parking in the Parking Ramp Zone on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays by Amending Section 10.44.070 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
17) PW122711-12 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5785 to Establish Free Parking in Metered Spaces in the Parking Ramp Zone on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays by Amending Section 10.44.050 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
18) PW122711-13 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5786 to Amend the Parking Zones Included in the Parking Meter Time Limit Ordinance by Amending Section 10.44.060 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.