ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 11, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 27, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
1) PW101111-01 – Confirm appointment of Dennis Popp to the Rapid City Planning Commission as a Voting Member and Bonnie Redden as an Alternate.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) PW092711-03 – Green-Sustainable Cities (Referred from the October 3, 2011, City Council Meeting)
3) PW101111-02 – 2010 City Energy Report – Gunar Dzintars.
4) PW101111-11 – Consideration of Resolution for Mountain Pine Beetles – Alderman Jerry Wright and Alderman Gary Brown.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW101111-03 – Change Order No. 3F to RCS Construction for Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1830 / CIP No. 50778, for an increase of $15,486.78.
6) PW101111-04 – Change Order No. 1 to RCS Construction for Northridge Water Booster Station, Project No. W10-1898 / CIP No. 50834, for an increase of $20,450.00.
7) PW101111-05 – Change Order No. 1 to RCS Construction for St. Patrick Street Siphon Odor Control Facility, Project No. SS09-1825 / CIP No. 50774, for a decrease of $3,461.00.
8) PW101111-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Pendo’s Construction for 2011 Roof Replacement, Project No. GB11-1966, for an increase of $4,606.90.
9) PW091311-14 – Drainage Basin Fee Collection and Disbursement. (Continued from the September 13, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
10) PW101111-07 – ADA Transition Plan and Curb Update.
11) PW101111-08 – Request to Replace Stipulation Requiring Surety for Fire Sprinkler System With Entering Into a “Fire Protection System Agreement” with Rapid City Fire Department Requiring Fire Sprinkler System for 4536 and 4548 Cliff Drive, legally described as Lots C & D of Lot 4R of Block 15 of Canyon Lake Heights Subdivision, Located in SW1/4 of SW1/4, Section 9, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
12) PW092711-16 – Discussion on Snow Policy – Don Brumbaugh. (Continued from the September 27, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
13) No. 11VE017 - McMahon Subdivision – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for M&P Developments to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot A of Tract E-3R of McMahon Subdivision located in Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on the south side of Kathryn Avenue approximately 220 feet west of the intersection of Kathryn Avenue and Haines Avenue. (Continued from the September 27, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
14) No. 11FV007 - Knollwood Heights Subdivision No. 4 – A request by Kevin Bourne to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot fence in lieu of a four foot fence in the front yard setback for Lot 33R of Block 8 of Knollwood Heights Subdivision No. 4 Revised located in Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1525 Racine Street. (Continued from the September 27, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
15) PW101111-09 – Deer Management Program Update.
16) PW101111-10 – Summer Swim Season Update.
17) PW101111-12 – Appeal of Planning Commission Action on Case 11PD036 – Red Rock Meadows Subdivision.