ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 14, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of May 31, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW061411-01 – Request Authorization to Select Williams and Associates for Design Services – Youth & Family Services.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) PW061411-02 – Vision 2020 Goal #2 – Strategic Beautification Presentation – Chairman Pat Roseland.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) PW061411-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for Fire Hydrant Installation Annual Project for 2010, Project No. W10-1875 / CIP No. 50808, for an increase of $160.82.
4) PW061411-04 – Change Order No. 1 to RCS Construction for the CSAC Restroom ADA Upgrade, Project No. GB10-1876 / CIP No. 50813, for an increase of $3,112.00. (Rapid City’s share will be $1,867.20 and Rapid City School District’s share will be $1,244.80)
5) PW061411-05 – Change Order No. 3 to Zenon Environmental Corporation for the Water Treatment Plant Upgrades – Jackson Springs Membrane Prepurchase, Project No. W07-1689 / CIP No. 50696. This is a no cost and no time extension change order.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
6) PW061411-06 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation to purchase highway right of way for the City of Rapid City for Parcel 2A – Lot H4 in Tract AR2 of the Needles Subdivision related to the Catron Boulevard Reconstruction, State Project No. NH 2016(17)64, PCN 6875.
7) PW061411-07 – Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering, Inc. for Seger Drive / Dyess Avenue Sanitary Sewer Extension, Phase 1 - Project No. SS11-1946 / CIP No. 50277-1.1 and Phase 2 – Project No. SS11-1947 / CIP No. 50277-1.2, in the amount of $249,930.00.
8) PW061411-08 – First Amendment to Revenue Obligation Loan Agreement between the City of Rapid City and the SD Conservancy District for the SRF Loan received for Water Reclamation Facility Improvements.
9) PW061411-09 – Resolution No. 2011-077 to Modify the Revenue Obligation Loan Agreement in Connection with the $5,000,000 City of Rapid City, South Dakota Clean Water Revenue Bond, dated December 15, 2009.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
10) No. 11RD001 – Section 17 and Section 20, T1N, R9E – A request by City of Rapid City for a Resolution naming an unnamed service road within Rapid City Airport as Kitty Hawk Road the service road lying between Airport Road and Terminal Road, located in Section 17 and Section 20, T1N, R9E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located at Rapid City Regional Airport.
11) No. 11VE012 – High Sheridan Ranch Subdivision – A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Vivian and Sterling Greni to consider an application for a Vacation of Power Line Easement for Lot 15 of High Sheridan Ranch Subdivision located in Section 35, T1N, R6E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Sand Lane and Sorrel Court.
12) No. 11VE013 - Fifth Street Office Plaza – A request by CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Fifth Street Developers, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of a Major Drainage Easement for Lot 2 and Lot 3 of Block 2 of Fifth Street Office Plaza located in Section 24, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4831 and 4905 Fifth Street.
13) No. 11TP014 – Rapid City Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan – Final Report.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
14) PW061411-10 – Update on Founders Park Plaza and Rapid City Greenway Trails and Pedestrian Facilities Project PR08-6017.
15) PW061411-11 – Update on Star of the West Sports Complex.