ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, March 29, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of March 15, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) PW032911-01 – Sidewalks on Disk Drive – Alderman Jordan Mason, Alderman Aaron Costello, and Alderwoman Deb Hadcock.
2) PW032911-02 – Funding Sources to Purchase Flood Hazard Properties - 10RZ051.
3) PW032911-03 – Update on Cost for Tree Inspections for Pine Beetle Infestation.
4) No. CC032111-02.2 – North Pinedale Reservoir for Good Samaritan Society Project No. W10-1890 / CIP No. 50832 (Opened on March 15, 2011) – (Continued from the March 21, 2011 Council meeting)
5) No. CC032111-02.7 – Tandem Roll-Off Truck, Solid Waste Division (Opened on March 15, 2011) – (Continued from the March 21, 2011 Council meeting)
6) No. CC030711-02.3 – Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777 – Corrected Bid Award Summary. (Opened March 1, 2011 & awarded to Mainline Contracting, Inc. on March 7, 2011).
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) PW032911-04 – Sterling Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS10-1904 / CIP No. 50838. Estimated cost: $50,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
8) PW110910-10 – Sewer Service Agreement Between Rapid Valley Sanitary District and the City of Rapid City, South Dakota. (Continued from the March 15, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
9) PW031511-11 – Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company for the Inflow and Infiltration Study, Project No. SS10-1919 / CIP No. 50849, in the amount of $427,971.00. (Continued from the March 15, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
10) PW032911-05 – First Amendment to Agreement between City of Rapid City and Jeffery and Jacqueline Nettleton for purchase of Lot B of Lot 4, Cleghorn Canyon #2 for Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant.
11) PW032911-06 – Addendum No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for Dakota Drive Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W10-1894 / CIP No. 50399, in the amount of $21,990.00.
12) PW032911-07 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and Rapid Canyon Sanitary Sewer District to transfer ownership of a sewer main which generally runs from Cleghorn Canyon along Rapid Creek and Highway 44.
13) PW032911-08 – Joint Funding Agreement between U.S. Dept of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey and City of Rapid City for 2011 Water Resources Investigation to include the operation and maintenance of selected gaging stations and for various hydrologic investigations. Rapid City’s share of the program will be $138,000.00 and will be matched by $134,450.00 of USGS cooperative funds.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
14) No. 10VE015 - Trailwood Village – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for LICH Enterprises, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement and a Major Drainage Easement for Lot B of Block 16 of Trailwood Village located in the SE1/4 of the SW1/4 of Section 10, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on the east side of Covington Street between Teak Drive and East Highway 44.
15) No. 11VE003 - Rushmore Crossing – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for Jack Degagne to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Non-Access Easement for Lot 2B of Block 3 of Rushmore Crossing, SE1/4 of the SW1/4 of Section 29, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1516 Eglin Street.
16) No. 11VE006 - Big Sky Subdivision – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for Rapid City Area School District 51-4 to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Tract C of Big Sky Subdivision, Section 3, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4840 Homestead Street.
17) No. 11VE007 - Original Townsite of Rapid City – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for Rapid City Area School District #51-4 to consider an application for a Vacation of Water Main Easement for Lot RU-302B of the Original Townsite of Rapid City, Section 36, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 433 North Mount Rushmore Road.
18) No. 11CA001 - Airport Master Plan – A request by Rapid City Regional Airport to consider an application for an Amendment to the adopted Comprehensive Plan to incorporate the City of Rapid City's Regional Airport Master Plan, Land Use Compatibility Plan, October 2010.