ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, March 1, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of February 15, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
1) PW083110-35 – Sign Encroachments into the Right-of-Way – Imperial Hotel Sign at 100 St. Joseph Street. (Continued from the February 1, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
2) PW030111-02 – Flormann Street Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W11-1931 / CIP No. 50860. Estimated cost: $225,000.00.
3) PW030111-03 – Street Rehabilitation Project #4 – Meadowbrook Drive, Parkridge Drive & Morningview Drive, Project No. ST11-1913 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated cost: $490,000.00.
4) PW030111-04 – Jackson Boulevard Greenway Tract Utilities, Project No. SSW11-1929 / CIP No. 50856. Estimated cost: $1,100,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
5) PW030111-05 – Right of Way Certificate, Letting Authorization, and Utilities Certificate with the SD Department of Transportation for East Anamosa Street Extension, (La Crosse to Luna), State Project No. P 1648(02), PCN 0116, City Project No. ST04-1397 / CIP No. 50316.
6) PW030111-06 – Right of Way Certificate, Letting Authorization, and Utilities Certificate with the SD Department of Transportation for East Anamosa Street Extension, (Luna to Century), State Project No. P 1648(01), PCN 00UR, City Project No. ST04-1397 / CIP No. 50316.
7) PW030111-07 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG Engineering Company, Inc. for design services for County Heights Drainage Basin Design Plan Amendment, Project No. DR10-1870 / CIP No. 50757, in the amount of $65,350.00.
8) PW030111-08 – Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for Water Reclamation Facility Pretreatment Improvements – Evaluation Phase, Project No. WRF11-1928 / CIP No. 50855, in the amount of $44,933.00.
9) PW030111-09 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for the Anamosa Street Utilities Reconstruction (Haines to Midway), Project No. ST05-1472 / CIP No. 50519, in the amount of $14,370.00.
10) PW030111-10 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Consultant Services for the Horace Mann Pool Replacement Feasibility Study, Project No. PR11-6024 / CIP No. 50864. Vision 2012 project.
11) PW030111-11 – Request permission to purchase new current year model ½ Ton 4X4 Truck with Extended Cab, State Contract #16029 from Lamb Chevrolet (Onida, SD) for $24,000. (Local vendors unable to meet state pricing).
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
12) No. 11VE004 - Rushmore Crossing – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for Jack Degagne to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot 2A and Lot 2B of Block 3 of Rushmore Crossing, S1/2 of the SW1/4 of Section 29, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1510 and 1516 Eglin Street.
13) No. 11FV001 - Section 11, T1N, R7E – A request by CETEC Engineering Services for City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an 8 foot high fence in lieu of a maximum 6 foot high fence in the Park Forest District for Tract J in the SW1/4 NW1/4 of Section 11, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at Skyline Drive at Flormann Street.
14) No. 11FV002 - South Boulevard Addition – A request by Steven Dunn for Black Hills Power to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a 9 foot high fence and/or wall in lieu of a maximum 4 foot high fence and/or wall in the front yard and to allow a 9 foot high fence and/or wall in lieu of a maximum 8 foot high fence and/or wall in a side or rear yard in the General Commercial District for Lot C of Lots 11-16 of Block 35 of South Boulevard Addition, Section 12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Cleveland Street and Tower Road.
15) 11TP004 – 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #11-002R. For increase in funding for purchase of Sheridan Lake Road Right-of-way for Jackson Boulevard project.
16) 11TP005 – 2011–2015 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #11-003R. For purchase of Automated Voice System (AVS) and construction of fuel depot facility.
17) 11TP006 – 2011–2015 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #11-004R. To delete project cost in 2014 to add Professional Engineering in 2011 for Elk Vale Road and Elk Creek Road.
18) 11TP007 – Rapid City Area Metropolitan Planning Organization 2010 Traffic Volume Counts Report.
ADDENDUM NO. 1:
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
19) PW030111-12 – Internal Auditing Update – Alderman Jordan Mason.