ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, December 28, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of December 14, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERPERSONS AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) PW122810-01 – Ad Hoc Sign Code Revision Task Force Extension Request – Alderman Costello and Alderman Mason. (Forwarded from the December 20, 2010, City Council Meeting)
2) PW122810-02 – Update on Big Sky Subdivision Temporary Fixes – Alderman Kooiker. (Forwarded from the December 20, 2010, City Council Meeting)
3) No. CC122010-05 - Recommendation on the feasibility of placing both the leisure pool and 50 meter tank pool at the Horace Mann site. (Forwarded from the December 20, 2010, City Council Meeting)
4) PW122810-03 – Condition of 38th Street Between Canyon Lake Drive and Range Road – Alderman Aaron Costello.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW122810-04 – Change Order No. 2F to Tru-Form Construction, Inc. for Eglin Street Extension, Project No. ST05-1470 / CIP No. 50560, for an increase of $4,109.20.
6) PW122810-05 – Change Order No. 2F to Rangel Construction Company, LLC for St. Joseph Street Landscaping, SDDOT Project No. P0ENH (192) PCN02FU, City Project No. ST09-1818 / CIP No. 50771, for an increase of $7,533.45.
7) PW122810-06 – Zero Cost Funding Change Order No. 1F for Easy Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1829 / CIP No. 50776, to re-allocate funding.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
8) PW122810-07 – Resolution #2010-167B Levying Assessment for East Saint Patrick Street Sidewalk Project, Project No. MIP09-1805.
9) PW122810-08 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for additional construction observation services for St. Andrews Reconstruction – Phase 2, Lincoln Avenue to Elm Avenue, Project No. ST10-1803 / CIP No. 50714, in the amount of $9,928.00.
10) PW122810-09 – Professional Services Agreement with Stanley Consultants, Inc. for Canyon Lake Dam Reconstruction, Phase 4, Project No. DR08-1743 / CIP No. 50739, in the amount of $204,772.00.
11) PW122810-10 – Easement Agreement conveyed by the City of Rapid City to Qwest Corporation for property located along the north right of way line of Canyon Lake Drive to the west right of way line of Sunnyvale Drive. Qwest Project No. 01T16YB.
12) PW122810-11 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc. for Water and Sewer Modeling & Support, CIP No. 50745. No cost time extension.
13) PW122810-12 – Addendum No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Renner & Associates, LLC for Rapid City Landfill Cell No. 12 Closure, Project No. LF09-1844 / CIP No. 50783, in the amount of $3,000.00.
14) PW122810-13 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for WRF Pretreatment Improvements, Project No. WRF11-1928, CIP No. 50855. Estimated design and construction costs: $890,000.00. To be funded through SRF Loan.
15) PW122810-14 – Approve Request to declare logo for the Northridge Water Storage Reservoir a Public Purpose Sign under the Rapid City Sign Ordinance.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
16) No. 10FV016 - Section 23, T2N, R7E – A request by Banner Associates for the City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an 8 foot fence in lieu of a 6 foot fence in the Park Forest Zoning District for a portion of the S1/2 of the NE1/4 less Rainbow Ridge Subdivision and less right-of-way all located in Section 23, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located west of the current western terminus of Alma Street and Sagewood Street.
EXCUTIVE SESSION for the purposes permitted by SDCL 1-25-2.