ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 12, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 28, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW081010-01 – Request for Reimbursement for Sewer Back Up Expenses – McCarthy Properties. (Continued from the September 28, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) PW101210-01 – A request from Bobbi Jo Bradford regarding the possibility of acquiring City property located next to 4507 South Canyon Road.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW091410-04 – Fence Height Exceptions – Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the September 14, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) PW092810-02 – Payment Approval Procedures – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the September 28, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
5) PW101210-02 – Condition of Seger Drive – Alderman Kooiker, Alderman Brown, and Alderman Mason.
6) PW101210-15 – Discussion on Meadowbrook Golf Course Restaurant – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
7) PW092810-04 – Change Order No. 2F to Heavy Constructors Inc. for Elm Avenue Reconstruction, Project ST09-1759 / CIP No. 50130, for a decrease of $86,897.26. (Continued from the September 28, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
8) PW101210-03 – Change Order No. 6F to Shovelhead Excavating, Inc. for the St. Andrew Street Reconstruction – Phase 1, Project No. ST07-1604 / CIP No. 50410, for a decrease of $85,618.73.
9) PW101210-04 – Change Order No. 1 to Lipp Construction Inc for 2010 Miscellaneous Improvements, Project No. MIP10-1857 / CIP No. 50298, for an increase of $24,687.45.
10) PW101210-05 – Change Order No. 1 to Rangel Construction for St. Joseph Street Landscaping, Project No. ST09-1818 / CIP No. 50771, SDDOT Project No. POENH (192) PCN02FU, for an increase of $24,282.08. (Grant funded.)
11) PW101210-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for Street Rehabilitation – St. Cloud Street, 5th to 7th Street, Project No. ST10-1851 / CIP No. 50549, for an increase of 7,287.90.
12) PW101210-07 – Change Order No. 1 to SECO Construction, Inc. for the Milo Barber Transportation Center Site Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746, for an increase of $9,995.65.
13) PW101210-08 – Change Order No. 1F to Brewer Construction for St. Patrick Street Sidewalk Repairs and ADA Upgrades, Project No. ST10-1874 / CIP No. 50809, for an increase of $5,439.63.
14) PW101210-09 – Change Order No. 2F to Hills Materials Company for Brentwood Subdivision Grading and Surfacing Completion, Project No. ST10-1863, for a decrease of $3,321.75.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
15) PW101210-10 – Permanent Utility Easement from the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society for the following described real property: NE1/4 and the SE1/4 all located in Sec 29, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
16) PW101210-11 – Permanent Easement to Black Hills Power for Lot Sixteen (16), Block Seventy-Five (75) of the Original Townsite of the City of Rapid City, Township 1N, Range 7E, Section 1, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota. Right of way near 6th & Rapid Street.
17) PW101210-12 – Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company for Construction Phase Services for the WRF Primary Digester Cover Replacement Project; Project No. WRF10-1883 / CIP No. 50790, in the amount of $68,538.00 (SRF Funded).
18) PW101210-13 – Professional Services Agreement with Dream Design International, Inc. for construction administration services for Northridge Water Booster Station, Project No. W10-1898 / CIP No. 50834, in the amount of $69,200.00. City to be reimbursed by developer for this cost.
19) PW101210-14 – Resolution #2010-142 Transferring an Asphalt Hot Box to Meade County.