ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 13, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 29, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Garbage Rates: Review and Reduction – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the June 29, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) Amendment to Ordinance 2.60.160 (E) and (F) and Related City Policies to Require Sign Posting and Notices for Comprehensive Plan Amendments – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Alderman Gary Brown.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
3) PW071310-01 – Public Works Professional Services Contract Summary – Robert Ellis.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW071310-02 – Change Order No. 2F to Brewer Construction for East Saint Patrick Sidewalk, Project No. MIP09-1805 / CIP No. 50298, for a decrease of $218.12.
5) PW071310-03 – Change Order No. 1 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for Elm Avenue Reconstruction Phase 3 – East Tallent to East Oakland, Project No. ST09-1759 / CIP No. 50130, for a decrease of $5,064.25.
6) PW071310-04 – Change Order No. 5F to Natgun Corporation for Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir, Project No. W07-1638 / CIP No. 50321, for a decrease of $81,495.71.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) PW071310-05 – 2010 Roof Replacement Project, Project No. GB10-1892 / CIP No. 50098. Estimated cost: $200,000.00.
8) PW071310-06 – Snow Removal Operations for City Parking Lots and Ramp. Estimated cost: $30,000.00.
9) PW071310-07 – Equipment Rental Rates for Snow Removal Operations. Estimated cost: $50,000.00.
10) PW071310-08 – 6th St from Kansas City St to Omaha St, Project No. ST10-1817 / CIP No. 50138. Estimated cost: $3,222,185.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) PW071310-09 – Amendment No. 1 to Funding Agreement Number 713983 Between the City of Rapid City and the SD Department of Transportation for the St. Joseph Street Landscaping Project, Project No. ST09-1818 / CIP No. 50771, Transportation Enhancement Project No. ES 0ENH(192) PCN 02FU.
12) PW071310-10 – Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Well 10 Pump Replacement, Project No. W10-1889 / CIP No. 50831, in the amount of $5,520.00.
13) PW071310-11 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for Anamosa Street Reconstruction, Haines to Midway, State Project No. P 1648 (03) PCN H021, City Project No. ST07-1472 / CIP No. 50519.
14) PW071310-12 – Petition to Vacate Public Right-of-Way for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Project, Project No. W07-1689 / CIP No. 50696.
15) PW071310-13 – Agreement for Right of Way Acquisition by Established Payment, East Anamosa Street Extension, Lacrosse to Century, Project No. ST04-1397 / CIP No. 50316.
16) PW071310-14 – Right of Way Certificate, East Anamosa Street Extension, Lacrosse to Century, Project No. ST04-1397 / CIP No. 50316.
17) PW071310-15 – Addendum No. 2 to the Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for Jackson Boulevard Utilities, Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351, in the amount of $205,998.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
18) No. 10FV007 - South Robbinsdale Addition – A request by Stephen and Angela Hall to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot fence in lieu of a four foot fence in the front yard setback on Lot 11 of Block 13 of South Robbinsdale Addition, Section 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 802 East Iowa Street.
19) No. 10FV008 - Northridge Subdivision – A request by Joan Townsend to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a seven foot fence in lieu of a four foot fence in the front yard setback on Lot 8A of Block 2 of Northridge Subdivision, Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 3504 Lawrence Drive.
20) 10EX107 – Appeal of Denial of Request for an Exception to waive the requirement for a second access for 81 dwelling units regarding the proposed Lots 1 and 2 of Baxter Subdivision, located in the SW¼ SE¼ SW¼ Section 31, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
21) Status Report on Rapid City Greenway Trails and Pedestrian Facilities, Project No. PR08-6017.