ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 15, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 1, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW061510-01 – Imperial Hotel Sign at 100 Saint Joseph Street – Roman & Wilma Kurylas.
2) PW061510-02 – Drainage Issues at 5212 Winterset Drive – Robin Patterson.
3) PW061510-03 – Request Compost Fee Waiver for the Educational Nature Walk Project – Rapid City Garden Club.
4) PW061510-04 – Request Compost Fee Waiver for Lemmon Street Community Garden.
5) Debris Along Rapid Creek at 6664 Green Oak Lane – Jill LaCroix.
6) PW061510-05 – Drainage issues on Creek Drive – Sam Bice.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
7) 'Standard of Care' for Rapid City Properties – Alderwoman Patti Martinson. (Continued from the June 1, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
8) PW060110-02 – Update on Cabela’s Land Transfer – Aldermen Bill Waugh and Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the June 1, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
9) Garbage Rates: Review and Reduction – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
ITEMS FROM CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
10) Presentation on Changes in Bid Law – Joel Landeen.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
11) PW061510-06 – Change Order No. 1 to Western Municipal Corporation for 11th Street Alley Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. SS09-1772 / CIP No. 50422, for an increase of $19,823.00.
12) PW061510-07 – Change Order No. 1F to RCS Construction, Inc. for Maple Avenue and East Idaho Street Reconstruction, Project No. ST09-1809 / CIP No. 50626, for a decrease of $45,231.00.
13) PW061510-08 – Change Order No. 1 to J&J Asphalt Company for Street Rehabilitation-Arrow Street, Farlow Avenue & Culvert Street, Project No. ST10-1854 / CIP 50549, for an increase of $17,171.89.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
14) PW061510-09 – 9th Street Water Main, Project No. W10-1885 / CIP No. 50818. Estimated cost: $100,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
15) PW061510-10 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and Highway Improvement, Inc. for 2010 Asphalt Surface Crack Sealing, Project No. ST10- 1887 / CIP No. 50549, in an amount not to exceed $72,500.
16) PW061510-11 – Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc. for WRF Primary Digester Cover Replacement, Project No. WRF10-1883 / CIP No. 50790, in the amount of $68,705.00.
17) PW061510-12 – Amendment No. 1 to the Contract with Sim’s Glass for Bus Shelter Renovation. No cost amendment, time extension only.
18) PW061510-13 – Sign Various Right-of-way Agreements and Authorize Acceptance of Deeds and Easement Documents for the East Anamosa Street Extension, Project No. ST04-1397 / CIP No. 50316, SDDOT Project No. P1648(01).
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
19) No. 10FV005 - Chapel Valley Subdivision – A request by Sarah Baron Houy for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence within the 25 front yard setback on Lot C of Lot 10 of Block 1 of Chapel Valley Subdivision, Section 17, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4515 Steamboat Circle. (Continued from the June 1, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
20) PW061510-14 – Request to waive requirement to install sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.16.080, located at 1876 Lombardy Drive legally described as Lot 9 of Block 1 of Lombardy Industrial Park, located in Section 8, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
21) PW061510-15 – Approve Change Order #1 for Rapid City Parks Restroom Renovation, Project PR09-6019, GBA, Inc., for an increase in the amount of $9,419.00 and a time extension of 13 days at Canyon Lake Shelters 1, 2 and 3.
22) PW061510-16 – Compost and Wood Chip Mulch used on Parks and Recreation Department Projects – Jerry Cole.
EXECUTIVE SESSION for the purposes permitted by SDCL 1-25-2.