ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 1, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of May 11, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) PW051110-02 Taxicabs and Limousines – Alderwoman Patti Martinson. (Continued from the May 11, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) Off-Street Parking on the 600 Block of Saint Cloud Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Forwarded from the May 17, 2010, City Council Meeting)
3) PW060110-01 – Off-season fees for Irrigation Meters – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
4) 'Standard of Care' for Rapid City Properties – Alderwoman Patti Martinson.
5) PW060110-02 – Update on Cabela’s Land Transfer – Aldermen Bill Waugh and Sam Kooiker.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
6) PW060110-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Lipp Construction, Inc. for the Transit Shelters Installation, Project No. TS09-1835 / CIP No. 50779, for an increase of $4,541.73.
7) PW060110-04 – Change Order No. 1F to RCS Construction, Inc. for the 44th Street Reconstruction-Phase 1, Project No ST05-1435 / CIP No. 50365, for a decrease of $13,152.13.
8) PW060110-05– Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for the East North Street Maintenance Project, Project No. ST10-1867 / CIP No. 50445, for a decrease of $721.59.
9) PW060110-06 – Change Order No. 2F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for the 5th Street Pedestrian Crossing Project, Project No. ST08-1764 / CIP No. 50750, for a decrease of $2,512.86.
10) PW060110-07 – Change Order No. 2F to Highmark, Inc. for the E. St. Francis Street, E. St. Anne Street, Aspen Ave., and Meade Street Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. W09-1810 / CIP No. 50626, for a decrease of $9,567.31.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) PW060110-08 – Milo Barber Transportation Center Improvements – Site, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746. Estimated cost: $590,000.00. ($472,000 FTA Reimbursable)
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) PW060110-09 – Pipeline Crossing Agreement with Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad Corporation, dba Canadian Pacific Railway, to install and maintain a pipe line for the Omaha Street Storm Water Quality Project, Project No. DR09-1801 / CIP No. 50782, for a license fee of $1,056.00.
13) PW060110-10 – Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for final design, bidding, and construction services related to the St. Patrick Street Siphon Odor Control Facility Project, Project No. SS09-1825 / CIP No. 50774, in the amount of $78,076.00.
14) PW060110-11 – Professional Services Agreement with Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for preliminary and final design services and bidding services for the Corral Drive and Sheridan Lake Road Water Main Replacement Project, Project No. W10-1882 / CIP No. 50816, in the amount of $24,490.00.
15) PW060110-12 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with FourFront Design, Inc. for the Downtown Street Improvements – Phase 2, 6th Street from Omaha to Kansas City Street, Project No. ST10-1817 / CIP No. 50138, in the amount of $26,715.00.
16) PW060110-13 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation to Deposit Excess Embankment Material. January 1, 2010 through completion of State Project No.: NH 2016(17)64, PCN 6875.
17) PW060110-14 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for SDDOT to Purchase Highway Right of Way on State Highway Project No.: P 0044(129)42, PCN 00X9, Pennington County, further described as SD44 (Jackson Boulevard) from Rapid Creek to Mountain View. City Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351, Jackson Boulevard Utilities.
18) PW060110-15 – Addendum #1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for the Silver Street Area Utility Improvements, Project No. SSW07-1656 / CIP No. 50418, in the amount of $27,707.50.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
19) PW060110-16 – Request to waive the requirement to install sidewalk as per City Ordinance 12.16.080 on Lot 2 of Block 2 of Dunham Estates, located in Section 16, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
20) No. 10FV004 - Plum Creek Subdivision – A request by Raymond Cornford, III to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a fence that exceeds six feet in the rear yard setback on Lot 6 of Block 1 of Plum Creek Subdivision, Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4012 Rosewood Lane.
21) No. 10FV005 - Chapel Valley Subdivision – A request by Sarah Baron Houy to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence within the 25 front yard setback on Lot C of Lot 10 of Block 1 of Chapel Valley Subdivision, Section 17, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4515 Steamboat Circle.
22) PW060110-17 – A request by Patrick Burchill for Rapid City Economic Development Foundation to authorize preparation of an H-Lot located in the unplatted balance of Block 1 of South Creek Industrial Park located in the SW1/4 SW1/4 of Section 8, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, and authorize acceptance of the deed.