ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 23, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of February 9, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW022310-01 – Request from Centerline to Appeal the Denial of the Request for Exception to the Rapid City Design Standards to allow a Nonconforming Water Service Line.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
2) PW022310-02 – Zero Cost Change Order No. 1 for the E. St. Francis Street, E. St. Anne Street, and Birch Avenue Project, Robbinsdale Reconstruction Project Phase Two, Project Three, Project No. ST09-1823 / CIP No. 50424, to correct funding allocation error. No change in cost.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
3) PW022310-03 – Brentwood Subdivision Grading & Surfacing Completion, Project No. ST10-1863. Estimated cost: $85,000.00.
4) PW022310-04 – Utility Maintenance One (1) Ton Flatbed Truck Replacement. Estimated cost: $26,000.00.
5) PW022310-05 – Parkview Type E Inlet #2, Project No. DR10-1847 / CIP No. 50787. Estimated cost: $17,419.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
6) PW022310-06 – Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Rapid City and Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity for Operation of a Reuse Center at the City Landfill.
7) PW022310-07 – Professional Services Agreement with Wenck Associates, Inc. for the Landfill Gas Collection System Construction Phase Services, Project No. LF09-1795 / CIP No. 50762, in the amount of $64,161.00.
8) PW022310-08 – Professional Services Agreement with Wenck Associates, Inc. for the Landfill Leachate Removal and Remediation Construction Phase Services, Project No. LF07- 1681 / CIP No. 50694, in the amount of $39,460.00.
9) PW022310-09 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Company, Inc. for the Membrane Prepurchase & Jackson Springs Final Design, Project No. W07-1689 / CIP No. 50696, for an increase in the amount of $67,412.00.
10) PW022310-10 – Agreement with American Engineering Testing, Inc. for 2010 Citywide Geotechnical, Construction Materials & QA/QC Investigations, Project No. PW10-1862 / 50637, in the amount of $24,000.00.
11) PW022310-11 – Grant Agreement with the South Dakota Solid Waste Management Program for Leachate Collection and Remediation and Closure of Cell 12, Project No. LF07-1681 / CIP No. 50694, in the amount of $250,000.00.
12) PW022310-12 – Acknowledge the Executive Summary for Design of the 6th Street Reconstruction, Project No. ST10-1817 / CIP No. 50138.
13) PW022310-13 – Update on Traffic Signal at East Saint Patrick Street and South Valley Drive – John Less.
14) PW022310-14 – Declare an emergency and authorize awarding new contract for parking lot snow removal.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
15) PW022310-15 – A request by Rapid City Economic Development Foundation for authorization to accept the deeds for two H Lots located in the NE1/4 of Section 4, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota
16) No. 09VE019 - Hillsview Haven Subdivision – A request by Robert Buchele to consider an application for a Vacation of Easement on as Lot 8 of Block 2 of Hillsview Haven Subdivision, Section 7, T1S, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 23658 Busted Five Court. (Continued from the February 9, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
17) No. 10VE002 - Valley Heights Estates Subdivision – A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Paul Stroud to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement on Lot 3 of Block 17 of Valley Heights Estates Subdivision, Section 12, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 23005 Morninglight Drive.
18) PW022310-16 – Parking Determination for the Powwow Gardens and Indian Art Market within the Civic Center District.