ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 9, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of January 26, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) I-190/North Street/Silver Street/West Boulevard Structure and Intersection Improvements – South Dakota Department of Transportation.
2) Update on Traffic Signal Improvements at Mt Rushmore Road and St Patrick Street – South Dakota Department of Transportation. (Continued from the December 15, 2009, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Update on Drainage Issues at School Drive & Highway 44 – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
4) PW020910-01 – Sidewalks on North Side of Saint Patrick Street.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW020910-02 – Change Order No. 3 to SECO Construction, Inc. for the Milo Barber Transportation Center, Project No. GB08-1765, for an increase of $8,312.20.
6) PW020910-03 – Change Order No. 4F to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for the Red Rock Water Storage Reservoir, Project No. W03-1184, for a decrease of $125,540.56.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) PW020910-04 – Rapid Transit System Bus Shelter Renovation. Estimated cost: $60,000.00.
8) PW020910-05 – Street Rehabilitation Project – Arrow Street, Farlow Avenue & Culvert Street, Project No. ST10-1854 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated cost: $315,000.00.
9) PW020910-06 – West Chicago Area Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. W08-1763 / CIP No. 50282. Estimated cost: $475,000.00.
10) PW020910-07 – Easy Street Sanitary Sewer Main Extension, Project No. SS09-1829 / CIP No. 50776. Estimated cost: $185,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) PW020910-08 – Professional Services Agreement with Stanley Consultants, Inc. for the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Initiative in the amount of $39,800.00.
12) PW020910-09 – Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with Geiger Architecture for the Milo Barber Transportation Center Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746-1765, in the amount of $89,740.00.
13) PW020910-10 – Permanent Utility Easement with Black Hills Power, Inc. for the Hartland Court Relocation (Dover Drainage Improvements), Project No. DR05-1452 / CIP No. 50025.
14) PW020910-11 – Agreement with SDDOT for Use and Restoration of Detour and/or Wet Weather Detour, State Highway Project No. IM 0902 (108) 80 PCN 0123.
15) PW020910-12 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company for Construction Observation Services for the Eglin Street Extension, Project No. ST05-1470 / CIP No. 50560, in the amount of $94,380.00.
16) PW020910-13 – Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc. for Design and Bidding Phase Services for the WRF Digester Control Building Improvements, Project No. WRF09-1783 / CIP No. 50581, in the amount of $8,330.00.
17) PW020910-14 – Approve Resolution #2010-017 for the Bridge Reinspection Program for use with SDDOT Retainer Contracts, Annual Bridge Inspections, Project No. ST10-1864 / CIP No. 50630.
18) PW020910-15 – Request authorization to not allow sanitary sewer service connection to the newly installed sanitary sewer main until a Construction Fee has been established or an agreement between the property owner and City of Rapid City has been executed for city cost recovery. Easy Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1829 / CIP No. 50776.
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
19) PW020910-16 – Approve Solid Waste Master Plan – HDR Inc.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) No. 09VE019 - Hillsview Haven Subdivision – A request by Robert Buchele to consider an application for a Vacation of Easement on as Lot 8 of Block 2 of Hillsview Haven Subdivision, Section 7, T1S, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 23658 Busted Five Court.
21) No. 10TP001 – 2010-2014 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment No. 10-002R
22) PW020910-17 – Approve a request by Good Samaritan Society for authorization to prepare H-Lots located in the SE1/4 and the SW1/4 of Section 29, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and authorize acceptance of the deed.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
23) PW0209-10-18 – Approve Change Order No. 6 to RCS Construction, for Vickie Powers Park, Project No. PR08- 6002, to authorize an expenditure from the Allowance Amount included in the contract in the amount of $8,000.00 for materials and labor to install additional storm water drainage infrastructure.