ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, April 28, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of April 14, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITMES FROM THE PUBLIC
1) No. PW042809-01 – A Variance request to waive the sidewalk requirement at Silver Street and Anamosa as per Chapter 12.16.080(A)(4) of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) No. PW042809-02 – RoadTrip 2035 Transportation Survey, Alderwoman Gundersen-Olson
3) No. PW042809-03 – Discussion on requirements for selecting engineers on projects with federal funding, Alderman Weifenbach.
4) No. PW042809-04 – Recommend that the Rapid City School District award a construction contract to Simon Contractors for the Base Bid plus Add Alternate #2 for an amount of $861,363.75, and to reimburse the District for 50 percent of the construction costs, not to exceed $453,475.00 (available balance in Vision 2012 Fund).
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) No. PW042809-05 – Change Order No. 1 Downtown Pavement Repair, to Tru-Form Construction, Inc., Project No. STCM08-1747 / CIP No. 50445, for an increase of $1,600.00.
6) No. PW042809-06 – Change Order No. 1 for East North Street Overlay, to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc., Project No. ST08-1784 / CIP No. 50445, for a contract time change of -21 days. This is a no-cost change order.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) No. PW042809-07 – South Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS08-1775 / CIP 50755. Estimated cost of project: $73,000.00.
8) No. PW042809-08 – Street Rehabilitation Project – Copperfield Drive Area. Mill and Overlay Copperfield Drive, Patch, and Chip Seal the other streets in the neighborhood. Project No. ST09-1798 / CIP No. 50549, Estimated Cost: $220,000.00.
9) No. PW042809-09 – Street Rehabilitation Project – Mahoney, Dakota Ridge, West Omaha, and Hall Street Areas. Street Patch and Chip Seal Project for these neighborhoods. Project No. ST09-1799 / CIP No. 50549, Estimated Cost: $280,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
10) No. PW042809-010 – Agreement with Wenck Associates, Inc. for design and bidding services for a landfill gas collection system, Project No. LF09-1795, for an amount not to exceed $79,941.00.
11) No. PW042809-11 – Agreement with DesignWorks, Inc., for the Omaha Street Storm Water Quality Project, in the amount of $24,880.00.
12) No. PW042809-12 – Agreement with FMG, Inc. for 2009 City Wide Geotechnical, Construction Materials, and QA/QC Investigations. Project No. PW09-1787 / CIP No. 50637, in the amount of $25,000.00.
13) No. PW042809-13 – Agreement with Baffuto Architectura for design and construction of Fire Station #7. Project No. FD09-1767, in the amount of $96,890.00.
14) No. PW042809-14 – Request permission to purchase 2009 4X4 Ford Escape from McKie Ford, Rapid City, from State Contract #15541, in the amount of $20,367.00. Unit to replace Unit E208, 1990 Dodge Ram 4X4, in excess of 100,000 miles (odometer is non-functioning).
15) No. PW042809-15 – Approve Resolution No. 2009-062 for City of Rapid City to accept transfer of right-of-way parcels and accept ownership and absolute jurisdiction/maintenance of said parcels related to the Lange Road Sanitary Sewer & Water Project, Project No. SS03-1253. Resolution required as per agreement between City of Rapid City and SD Department of Transportation dated January 20, 2003.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
16) No. 09VE004 - Red Rock Estates – A request by CETEC Engineering for Rushmore Construction, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement Lot 9 of Block 22 of Red Rock Estates, Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 6416 Brandon Lane.
17) No. 09VE005 - Red Rock Estates – A request by CETEC Engineering for Rushmore Construction, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement on Lot 13 of Block 22 of Red Rock Estates of Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 6415 Bandon Lane.ADJOURN