ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, March 31, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of March 10, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Honored Citizens – Classification for RTS Riders, Alderwoman Gundersen-Olson
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
2) No. PW033109-01 – Change Order No. 1 for Rand Road Drainage Channel Repair and Improvements, Project No. DR08-1735 / CIP No. 50733, to Site Work Specialists, Inc., for a decrease of $320.74.
3) No. PW033109-02 – Change Order No. 1 for East Nebraska Street Drainage Improvements, Project No. DR07-1665 / CIP No. 50684, to Warax Excavating, Inc., for an increase of $379.73.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
4) No. PW033109-03 – Rapid Transit System Bus Shelters – 15 transit shelters. Estimated cost of project: $135,000.00
5) No. PW033109-04 – Odor Control Chemical for Lift Stations. Estimated cost: $209,675.00
6) No. PW033109-05 – Transportation Natural Gas for City of Rapid City/Rapid City Area Schools – June 1, 2009 to May 31, 2010. Estimated cost: $300,000.00.
7) No. PW033109-06 – Water Treatment Coagulant. Estimated cost: $50,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
8) No. PW033109-07 – Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Calvin & Cynthia Sievers authorizing the landowner to obtain a permit to repair or replace the current on-site waste water system.
9) No. PW033109-08 – Joint Powers Agreement between the State of South Dakota (Department of Game Fish and Parks) and the City of Rapid City for Jackson/Cleghorn Springs.
10) No. PW033109-09 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Jackson Boulevard Utilities, Project No. SSW-1509 / CIP No. 50351. Estimated design and total construction costs: $7,000,000.00.
11) No. PW033109-10 – Appeal of the denial for a non conforming sewer service line located on Lot 4R Block 15 Canyon Lake Heights Subdivision.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
12) Request authorization to submit 5307 grant application for 2009 5307 operating assistance.
13) Request authorization to submit ARRA (stimulus funds) 5307 grant application for capital assistance.
14) Request authorization to purchase six paratransit vehicles for Dial-A-Ride service with ARRA 5307 stimulus funds.
15) Request authorization to purchase one transit vehicle for RapidRide with ARRA 5307 stimulus funds.
16) Request authorization to purchase bus benches.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E (Continued from March 11, 2009) – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road.
18) PW033109-11 – Request to accept water lines as a public utility on property located in the NW1/4 of Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
19) PW033109-12 – Request to extend the expiration date of Preliminary Plat No. 07 PL037 for Tract A of Wright Subdivision, located in the N1/2 SW1/4 SE1/4 NE1/4; SW1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 NE1/4 of Section 15, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
20) No. 08RD009 - Biernbaum Subdivision – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution renaming the unnamed right-of-way and Merillat Lane to Culvert Drive on the 50 foot wide unnamed right-of-way 680.36 feet in length lying south of Biernbaum Lane right-of-way and south of Lot A of Biernbaum Subdivision, located in the NW1/4 SW1/4, Section 17, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southern terminus of Biernbaum Lane and east of South Dakota Highway 79.