ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, March 10, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of February 24, 2009, with the following corrections: Item PW022409-26: Tower Road Watermain Loop Project – change funding line item from 4380 to 4223; Item PW022409-10: Advertising Authority for 2009 Street Division Dump Truck w/Snow Plow Attachment – change funding to reflect $6,500 coming from 602/7012/4360.
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) USGS Report of Water Quality Effects of On-Site Wastewater Disposal Systems
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) St. Patrick Street and Mt. Rushmore Road ADA and Vehicle Traffic Safety, Alderman Kooiker
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
3) No. PW031009-01 – Sixth Street Water Main - Franklin Street to St. Charles Street, Project No. W08-1742 / CIP No. 50738. Estimated cost of project: $68,680.00.
4) No. PW031009-02 – Water Treatment Plant Upgrades – Jackson Springs Membrane Prepurchase, Project No. W07-1689 Membranes / CIP No. 50696. Estimated cost of project: $3,300,000.00
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
5) No. PW031009-03 – Joint Funding Agreement between U.S. Dept of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey and City of Rapid City for 2009 Water Resources Investigation to include the operation and maintenance of selected gaging stations, and for various hydrologic investigations including hydrogeologic data collection and analysis, numerical modeling, storm water monitoring and continuation of paleoflood investigation for Rapid Creek.
6) No. PW031009-04 – Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Larry Titus Allowing an Exception to the Requirement that the Sewer Line from his Property at 1225 Kansas City Street not Cross Adjoining Property Lines.
7) No. PW031009-05 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Consultant Services for 2009 (Citywide) Geotechnical, Construction Materials Testing and QA/QC Investigations Contract. Project No. PW09-1787 / CIP No. 50637, in the amount of $25,000.00.
8) No. PW031009-06 – Approve Initial Resolution of Necessity setting time and place for hearing on April 6, 2009, at seven o’clock p.m., for South Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS08-1775 / CIP No. 50755.
9) No. PW031009-07 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Haines Avenue Water Reservoir, Project No. W09-1792 / CIP No. 50754. Estimated design and total construction costs: $1,750,000.
10) No. PW031009-08 – Approve Resolution Authorizing Submittal of a Consolidated Water Facility Construction Program (CWFCP) Grant Application.
11) No. PW031009-09 – Request permission to purchase 2009 One Ton, 4X4, Ford F350 Crew Cab Pickup from McKie Ford, Rapid City, from State Contract #15539, in the amount of $27,058. Unit to replace Unit S079, 1993 Ford w/ 94,810 miles.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
12) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E (Continued from December 9, 2008) – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road. Motion carried unanimously.
13) No. 09VE001 - Robbinsdale Addition No. 9 (Continued from February 10, 2009) – A request by Rick and Rachell Beaird to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a utility and minor drainage easement on Lot 18 Revised of Block 2 of Robbinsdale Addition No. 9, located in Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 3622 Hemlock Street.
14) No. 09FV001 - Section 32, T2N, R7E – A request by Randy Lyons for Rapid City Parks & Recreation to consider an application for a A Fence Height Exception to allow a twelve foot high fence in lieu of a maximum six foot high fence in the Low Density Residential District on City Springs Park in the unplatted portion of the S1/2 of the NE1/4 and the NE1/4 of the SE1/4 of Section 32, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 514 City Springs Road.
15) No. 09RD002 - Section 8, T1N, R8E – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution for Road Name Change from South Highway 79 to Cambell Street on the South Dakota Highway 79 extending southerly along the Section line for 9,274.5 feet from the northwest corner of the SW1/4 NW1/4, Sections 8 7, 17 and 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located along the Section line for 9274.5 feet.
16) No. 09VE003 - I-90 Heartland Business Park – A request by FMG, Inc. for Mehlhaff Construction, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility and Minor Drainage Easement on Lots 4 and 5 of Block 2 of I-90 Heartland Business Park located in the NE1/4 of Section 28, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the northeast corner of the intersection of Seger Drive and Rearden Court.
17) No. PW031009-10 – Proposed Options For Secondary Access Requirements For Commercial Uses.
18) No. 09EX023 – Request to Appeal Denial of Request to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalks along Elk Vale Road (adjacent to the former site of All Decked Out).
19) No. 09TP003 – Amendment No. 09-004 to the 2009-2013 Transportation Improvement Program.ADJOURN