ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 10, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of January 27, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Sidewalks on Deadwood Avenue (Continued from the December 9, 2008 City Council Meeting and January 27, 2009 Public Works Committee Meeting.)
2) No. PW021090-13 – SDDOT Projects: Jackson Boulevard (SD44) Mountain View Road to Chapel Lane; Grading, Concrete Pavement, Storm Sewer, Roadway Lighting and Traffic Signals.
3) No. PW021009-16 – Request from James Flynn to Correct a Non-Conforming Sewer Service Line at 1225 Kansas City Street.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) No. PW021009-10 – Change Order No. 3 Meade Street Reconstruction - Phase 2, to Heavy Constructors, Inc., Project No. DR03-1333 / CIP No. 50416, for an increase of $16,169.50.
5) No. PW021009-11 – Change Order No. 1F for Street Light Breakaway Coupling Replacement, to Conrad's Big "C" Electric, Inc., Project No. SL08-1768 / CIP No. 50747 for a decrease of $181.00.
6) No. PW021009-12 – Change Order #5 for Saint Andrew Street Reconstruction, to Shovelhead Excavating, Inc., Project No. ST07-1604 / CIP No. 50410, for an increase of $15,526.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) No. PW021009-01 – Miscellaneous Improvements Project 2009, Sidewalk, ADA Access, Curb & Gutter and Other Improvements to Street Sections in Rapid City, Project No. MIP09-1774.
8) No. PW021009-03 – 2009 Roadway Painting Project, Repainting Longitudinal Traffic Lines Throughout Rapid City.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
9) No. PW021009-05 – Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Planning, Design, and Bidding of Silver Street Area Utility Improvements, Project No. SSW07-656 / CIP No. 50418, in the amount of $197,280.00
10) No. PW021009-08 – Agreement with Dr. Duane Pankratz concerning Collection and Disbursement of Sewer Construction Fees for SDDOT Eglin Street Re-alignment, Project No. DEV06-825, P3230(00)43, DDI No. 05-0404.
11) No. PW021009-09 – Approve Resolution to Establish Sewer Frontage Construction Fees for SDDOT Eglin Street Re-alignment, Project No. DEV06-825, P3230(00)43, DDI No. 05-0404.
12) No. PW021009-06 – Authorize Staff to Prepare Purchase Order for Oversize Sewer Main for the following project: SDDOT Eglin Street Re-alignment, DEV06-825, P3230(00)43, DDI No. 05-404, in the amount of $15,085.22. Expenditure to be funded from Sewer Enterprise Fund 604/834/4382.
13) No. PW021009-07 – Authorize Staff to Prepare Purchase Order for Water Main Reconstruction for the following project: SDDOT Eglin Street Re-alignment, DEV06-825, P3230(00)43, DDI No. 05-0404, in the amount of $71,887.21. Expenditure to be funded from Water Enterprise Fund 602/933/4381.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
14) No. PW021009-14 – Authorize staff to prepare an agreement accepting the drainage lot located in an unplatted parcel in the SW1/4, Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota number
15) No. 09TP002 – 2009-2013 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment No. 09-002.
16) No. 09RD001 - Marshall Subdivision – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution naming the unnamed right-of-way to Glenside Street on an unnamed right-of-way lying adjacent to Lot D of Lot 3 and Lot 7C and 7D of Lot 7 of Marshall Subdivision, Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located lying north and south of Homestead Street and west of Valley Drive.
17) No. 09EX006 – Request to appeal the denial of an Exception Request to allow curbside sidewalk with rolled curb on Lots 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B, 10, 10A, 10B, 11 of Block 1; Lots 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B, 10A, 10B, of Block 2; Block 3; Lots 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B, 9A, 9B, 10A, 10B, 11A, 11B, 12A, 12B, 13A, 13B, utility Lot 1, Outlots 1 thru 3, of Block 4; Block 5; and the dedicated public right-of-way, Skyline Village Subdivision, located in the SE1/4, Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota. (08PD067 and 08SV059)
18) No. 09VE001 - Robbinsdale Addition No. 9 – A request by Rick and Rachell Beaird to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a utility and minor drainage easement on Lot 18 Revised of Block 2 of Robbinsdale Addition No. 9, located in Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 3622 Hemlock Street.