ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, December 09, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of November 25, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. CC120108-02 – Rand Road Drainage Channel Repair and Improvements Project No. DR08-1735 / CIP No. 50733, bid opened November 25, 2008 (Continued from City Council 12/01/08)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
2) No. PW120808-03 – Change Order #002 for Block 75 Parking Structure, to J. Scull Construction, Project No. IDP08-1725, for an increase of $2,478.30
3) No. PW120808-05 – Change Order No. 1F for Cross Street Railroad Crossing, to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc., Project No. RR06-1540, CIP No. 50172, for a decrease of $1,794.19
4) No. PW120808-06 – Change Order No. 1F for East Saint Joseph Street Turn Lane - East Saint Joseph Street and East Saint Charles Street Intersection, to Hills Materials, Project No. ST07-1660, CIP No. 50699, for an increase of $343.92
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
5) No. PW120908-01 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc., for West Boulevard Area Sewer Reconstruction Project, Phase 2 – 11th Street, Project No. SS08-1728, CIP No. 50422, in the amount of $38,115.00
6) No. PW120908-02 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc., for West Chicago Water Main Reconstruction Project, Project No. W08-1763, CIP No. 50282, in the amount of $78,440
7) No. PW120809-04 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Damon Reel and Jeanine Reel for the Acquisition of Permanent Drainage Easements.
8) No. PW111208-01 – 08EX113 - Request to appeal the denial of an Exception Request to allow the installation of nonconforming water service lines on Lot 8 of Block 2 of the Villaggio at Golden Eagle, Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota. (08PL113 and 08PD051) (Continued from November 12, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting.)
9) No. PW111208-09 – 08EX114 - Request to appeal the denial of an Exception Request to allow the installation of nonconforming sewer service lines on Lot 8 of Block 2 of the Villaggio at Golden Eagle, Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota. (08PL113 and 08PD051) (Continued from November 12, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting.)
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
10) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E – Request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road. (Continued from the October 14, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting)
11) No. 08RD007 - Biernbaum Subdivision – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution renaming the unnamed right-of-way to Biernbaum Lane on Right-of-way lying adjacent to Lots A and B of Biernbaum Subdivision, located in the NW1/4 SW1/4, Section 17, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located southeast of the intersection of East Minnesota Street and S.D. South Highway 79.