ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 9, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of August 26, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) No. PW071508-12 – Parkland Dedication Requirements – Alderman Kooiker (Continued from July 1, 15, & 29, and August 26, 2008, Public Works Committee Meetings)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
2) No. PW090908-04 – Change Order #1 for Block 75 Parking Structure, 3rd Level Addition, to J. Scull Construction, Project No. IDP08-1725, for an increase of 15 contract days
3) No. PW090908-12 – Change Order No. 1 for Byrnwood Area Street Project, to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc., Project No. ST08-1706 / CIP No. 50721, for an increase of $4,613.00
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
4) No. PW090908-02 – East Nebraska Street Drainage Improvements, Project No. DR07-1665, Estimated Cost: $170,000
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
5) No. PW090908-05 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement with Red Rock Development Company, LLC concerning Collection and Disbursement of Water and Sewer Construction Fees for Red Rock Estates Phase V
6) No. PW090908-09 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Professional Services Agreement with Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. for $299,987.00 for Construction Phase Services for construction of the Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir Project No. W07-1638
7) No. PW090908-11 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Encroachment Permit with Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. and its Affiliates
8) No. PW082608-05 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement with MG Oil Company Regarding the Donation of Certain Land for Right of Way along Universal Drive for the Universal Drive Reconstruction Project No. ST08-1701/CIP No. 50398
9) No. PW090908-13 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement with Isaac Almanza, for reimbursement of costs for the upgrade of nonconforming water and sewer service lines
10) No. PW090908-14 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement with Dakota Craft Business Properties, LLLP, for reimbursement of oversize cost and additional construction observation, not to exceed $25,918
11) No. PW090908-01 – Approve a Resolution Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on the Assessment Roll for the Enchanted Pines Drive Water Main Extension, Project No. W07-1669, for October 6, 2008, at seven o’clock p.m.
12) No. PW090908-03 – Approve a Resolution to Establish a Sewer Construction Fee for the Elysian Heights Subdivision Sewer Extension
13) No. PW090908-07 – Approve a Resolution to establish Sewer Frontage Construction Fees for Red Rock Estates Phase V
14) No. PW090908-06 – Approve a Resolution to establish a Water Frontage Construction Fee for Red Rock Estates Phase V
15) No. PW090908-08 – Approve a Resolution to establish a Water Oversize Construction Fee for Red Rock Estates Phase V
16) No. PW090908-10 – Request permission to purchase One (1) Class CN Truck 1 Ton 4x2 Regular Cab, Cab Chassis, Diesel, 19,000 GVW, from the 2009 State Vehicle Purchase Contract, to Replace Unit T708, for a cost of $40,000.00
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) No. 08CA029 - West Rapid Neighborhood – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan adopting the West Rapid Future Land Use Plan property generally lying south of Omaha Street, north of Jackson Boulevard, west of S.D. Highway 79 (Sturgis Road) to the Rapid City corporate limits boundary, Pennington County, South Dakota.
18) No. 08CA030 - West Rapid Neighborhood – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan by eliminating, adding and realigning arterial and collector streets in the West Rapid Neighborhood Area Future Land Use Plan on property generally lying south of Omaha Street, north of Jackson Boulevard, west of S.D. Highway 79 (Sturgis Road) to the Rapid City corporate limits boundary, Pennington County, South Dakota.
19) 08TP023 – 2008–2012 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #08-016
20) 08TP024 – 2009-2013 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #09-001