ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 10, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of May 27, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Public Works Chairman’s Expectations for a Productive Meeting – Alderman LaCroix
2) YMCA Parking Addition – Alderman Hurlbut (Continued from the April 29, May 13, and May 27, 2008 Public Works Committee meeting)
3) Structural Inspections for Billboards Near High Traffic Areas – Alderman Kooiker
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) No. PW061008-01 - Change Order No. 1 for East Mall Drive Connection - North LaCrosse Street to East North Street Project No. ST06-1334b / CIP No. 50521 to Knife River Midwest LLC for an increase of $12,942.20.
5) No. PW061008-02 - Change Order No. 2 for East Mall Drive Connection - North LaCrosse Street to East North Street Project No. ST06-1334b / CIP No. 50521 to Knife River Midwest LLC for an increase of $43,600.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
6) No. PW061008-03 - Miscellaneous Improvements Project 2008, Project No. MIP08.1685
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
7) No. PW061008-04 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for the 2008 Geotechnical/Materials/QA-QC Program, Project #ST08-1698, CIP #50591, 50592, & 50637, in the amount of $60,000.00.
8) No. PW061008-05 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for West Boulevard Area Sewer Reconstruction Project No. SS08-1728 / CIP No. 50422; to perform a Sanitary Sewer and Storm Sewer System Evaluation, for an amount not to exceed $84,606.25.
9) No. PW061008-06 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement with FMG, Inc. for Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension – Phase 2 Project No. SS08-1729 / CIP No. 50726; to construct sanitary trunk sewer main in Elk Vale Road beginning at Concourse Drive and extending north to Homestead Drive, in the amount of $42,840.00.
RAPID TRANSIT DIVISION
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
10) No. PW061008-07 - Request authorization to seek proposals for a Non-Methane Organic Compound (NMOC) Investigation and a Landfill Gas Study at the Rapid City Landfill. Project No. SWO08-1739, CIP No. 50737.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
11) No. PW061008-08 - Request from Tetra Tech on behalf of Evergreen Energy for disposal of storm water.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
12) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E - A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road. Continued from the May 13, 2008 Public Works meeting
13) No. 08FV005 - West Boulevard Addition - A request by Luond, Inc. for Loren & Roberta Symonds to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a fence over four feet in the front and side yard setback on Lots 11 thru 13 of Block 3 of West Boulevard Addition, Section 2, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1404 West Boulevard.
14) 08TP014 - Amendment No. 08-008 to the 2008-2012 Transportation Improvement Program.
15) 08TP015 – 2009-2013 Rapid City Area Transportation Improvement Program – Draft Report.
16) No. 08CA016 – Potts Subdivision - A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan by relocating a collector street on Lots 1 and 2 of Potts Subdivision, located in that portion of the S1/2 SW1/4 SE1/4, Section 22, T1N, R7E; and the W1/2 N1/2 NE1/4 less Utility Subdivision, less Lots H1, H2 and H3, and less Right-of-way, located in the NW1/4 NE1/4, Section 27, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of Catron Boulevard and west of Haugo Drive.
17) No. 08VE012 - Dunham Estates - A request by Riss Homes for Charles E. Glood to consider an application for a Vacation of Non-Access Easement on Lot 6 of Block 1 of Dunham Estates, located in the NE1/4 NE1/4, Section 16, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Nicklaus Drive and Dunham Drive.
18) No. PW061008-09 - Request to authorize FMG, Inc. to prepare an H Lot on behalf of the City for property located in the SW1/4 NW1/4 of Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION