ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 27, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of May 13, 2008
Approve Correction to Minutes of April 29, 2008
Alderman Kooiker questioned whether the 133 handicapped spots removed for the new arena were reallocated and whether any additional ones had been added. Maliske confirmed they had been reallocated but did not know if additional permanent ones were added, however, 20 additional temporary spots were added. He will provide additional information on this topic with his future report.
Alderman Kooiker questioned whether the 133 spots removed for the new arena were reallocated and whether there were any additional handicapped added to the ones that were removed. Maliske confirmed the spots had been reallocated but did not know if additional permanent handicapped ones were added, however, 20 additional temporary spots were added to parking lot B. He will provide additional information on this topic with his future report.
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) YMCA parking addition – Alderman Hurlbut (Continued from the April 29 & May 13, 2008 Public Works Committee meeting)
2) Civic Center traffic, parking, and handicapped access management issues – Alderman Hurlbut (continued from the April 21, 2008, City Council meeting and the April 29, 2008, Public Works Committee meeting)
3) No. PW040108-06 - 10 hour metered parking in front of the City Library – Alderman Kooiker (Continued from April 1, 2008, Public Works Committee meeting)
4) No. PW040108-07 - Robbinsdale Park Sidewalks – Alderman Weifenbach (Continued from April 1, 2008, Public Works Committee meeting)
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) No. PW052708-01 - Change Order No. 1-Final for Meadowbrook Golf Course Bridge Repair, Project No. PR07-1674 for an increase of $1,356.95.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
6) No. PW052708-02 - Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension; Project No. SS07-1658 / CIP No. 50686. Estimated cost of project: $1,260,000.00.
7) No. PW052708-03 - Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir; Project No. W07-1638; CIP No. 50321. Estimated cost: $5,000,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
8) No. PW052708-04 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and American Technical Services, Inc. to perform material testing and inspection of soils and concrete for the Roosevelt Park Improvement Project #PR07-1680, CIP #50092. Contract Amount: $2,740.00
9) No. PW052708-05 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and American Techncial Services, Inc. to perform material testing and inspection of a 6743 square foot maintenance shop at the parks Division Headquarters located on Canyon Lake Drive, Project #GB08-1714, CIP #50092. Contract Amount: $5,174.00.ENGINEERING DIVISION
10) No. PW052708-06 - Request to seek proposals for engineering services for a Motor Control Center at the Water Reclamation Facility; Project No. WRF08-1732 / CIP No. 50730. Estimated cost of Services: $50,000. Estimated cost of construction: $500,000.
11) No. PW052708-07 - Authorize lowering the percentage of work that the General Contractor must perform from 50% to 30% for the Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir; Project No. W07 – 1638 / CIP #50321 by modifying paragraph 7.40 of Section 7 General Conditions of the City of Rapid City Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction 2007 Edition for the Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir project only.
12) No. PW052708-08 - Accept donation of Lot 2 of WREA subdivision from West River Electric Association, Inc. for construction of Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension, Project #SS07-1658.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
13) No. PW052708-09 - Request authorization for repairs of #1 Centrifuge. Estimated cost of repair: $53,325.00 plus shipping.DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
14) No. 08FV004 - Wise's Addition
A request by FourFront Design, Inc. for Pennington County House and Redevelopment to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a fence over six feet in height in the Medium Density Residential Zoning District on Lots 1 thru 17 and vacated alley adjacent to said lots in Block 13 of Wise's Addition, Section 31, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 403 East Adams Street.
15) No. 08EX049 - Enchanted Hills Subdivision #2
A request by Richard Crist to consider an exception to allow a circular driveway which will provide two driveways to one residence on Lot 17, Enchanted Hills Subdivision #2, Section 23, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota. (File# 08UR003)