ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 26, 2007; 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 12, 2007
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) A request by Sylvia Conrad for authorization to utilize Rapid Valley Sanitary District for water and sanitary sewer service
2) No. PW061207-01 - Request from owners of Art Alley to upgrade the asphalt paving in the alley between Saint Joseph Street and Main Street from Sixth Street to Seventh Street to a stamped / painted brick pattern for an approximate amount of $21,000.00 – Todd Houghton. (Continued from the
3) No. PW062607-01 - Pennington County Housing request for the City to take over
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
4) Connection Fees Discussion
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) No. PW062607-02 - (No Link) Approve Change Order #1F to Rapid City Fire Department Burn Building Site and Building Foundation FD07-1634 to Corr Construction Services Inc. for an increase of $8,469.65
6) No. PW062607-03 - Change Order No. 1 for Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Multipurpose Addition – Phase 2 Project to Sampson Construction for an increase of $260,702.00
7) No. PW062607-04 - Change Order No. 1 for Well 12 and Stoney Creek Booster Station Project No. W03-953 / CIP No. 50318 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for an increase of $800.38
8) No. PW062607-05 - Change Order No. 1 for
9) No. PW062607-06 - Change Order No. 1 for South Robbinsdale Drainage Improvements Project No. DR05-1485 / CIP No. 50556 to Corr Construction Services, Inc. for an increase of $650.10
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
10) No. PW062607-07 - Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 713312 between the City of
11) No. PW062607-08 - Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 713313 between the City of
12) No. PW062607-09 - Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 713341 between the City of
13) No. PW062607-10 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of
14) No. PW062607-11 - Contract between the City of
15) No. PW062607-12 - Water Construction Fee Resolution for Brookfield Subdivision (12 inch water main)
16) No. PW062607-13 - Water Construction Fee Resolution for Brookfield Subdivision (16 inch water main)
17) No. PW062607-14 - Water Construction Fee Resolution for Auburn Hills Phase III
18) No. PW022707-15 - Request to cancel authority to purchase one (1) Chevrolet Impala 4-door sedan from State Contract Item #7, Contract #14994 with Lamb Chevrolet for a cost of $15,483.00
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
19) No. PW062607-16 - Authorize staff to submit grant application to Federal Transit Administration for capital assistance for federal share of acquisition and renovation costs for the
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) No. PW062607-17 – A request by
21) No. PW062607-18 – Approve a request by
22) No. 07CA024 - Heartland Business Park - A request by FMG, Inc. for Bypass, LLC to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan by eliminating a collector street on the W1/2 of the NE1/4, Section 28, T2N, R8E and the SE1/4 of Section 21, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located the extension of Dakota Craft Drive.
23) No. 07VE011 - North 80 Subdivision - A request by Dr. Gregory P. Williams to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Utility and Minor Drainage Easement on Lot 1B of North 80 Subdivision, located formerly in Government Lot 2, Section 19, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 330 E. Stumer Road.
24) No. 07VE012 - Lowe's Subdivision - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Martley/Farrar Investments to consider an application for a Vacation of a Non-Access Easement on Lot 2 of Lowe's Subdivision, located in the NW1/4 NE1/4, Section 25, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Disk Drive and East of Haines Avenue.
25) No. 07VE013 - Kensington Heights Subdivision - A request by Rick Kahler to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility and Minor Drainage Easement on Lot 10 of Block 3 of Kensington Heights Subdivision, located in Government Lot 4, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4454 Davin Drive.
26) No. 07VE014 - Menard Subdivision - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Grace Pettigrew to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement on Lots 1 and 4 of Block 1 of Menard Subdivision, Section 32, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1711 East Anamosa Street.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
27) Discussion of and Direction for