ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of August 15 , 2006
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. PW080106-01 - Approve a request by Dream Design International for authorization to prepare an H-Lot located in the N1/2 of Section 34, T2N, R8E, BHM,
2) No. PW081506-01 - Request by Founders Park LLC to allow a retaining wall to be located in right-of-way along property legally described as the W1/2 NW1/4 SE1/4, Section 35, T2N, R7E, BHM,
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Reconsideration of
4) Preservation of M Hill – Alderman Schumacher and Alderman Kooiker
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
6) Asbestos abatement report for Big Bend Power Plant (Discussion only)
7) No. CC082106-02 - Downtown Area Improvements Project, Phase 1A -- 1st to 2nd Street Alley Sanitary Sewer Improvements Project No. ST04-1170 / CIP No. 50627 (opened
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) No. PW082906-01 - Change Order No. 1F for Star of the West Sports Complex Parking Lots Repair and Crack Sealing Project No. PR06-1585 / CIP No. 50538 to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for a decrease of $692.52
9) No. PW082906-02 - Change Order No. 1 for
10) No. PW082906-03 - Change Order No. 1F for Downtown Alley Resurfacing 2006 Project No. ST06-1538 / CIP No. 50379 to Hills Materials Company for an increase of $989.59
11) No. PW082906-04 - Change Order No. 1F for Block 8 Alley Paving -
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
12) No. PW082906-05 - Road De-icer
13) No. PW082906-06 - Enhanced Corrosion Inhibited Liquid Magnesium Chloride
14) No. PW082906-07 - Hall Street Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS06-1482 / CIP #50632
15) No. PW082906-08 - 2006 Roof Replacement Project No. IDP06-1546 / CIP #50098
16) No. PW082906-09 -
17) No. PW082906-13 - Two (2) Ski Loaders - Replacements
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
17) No. PW082906-10 - Professional Services Agreement between baffuto architecttura for the development of Fire Training Simulator Facility for an amount not to exceed $9,950.00
18) No. PW082906-11 – Right–of-Way Certificate and Utilities Certificate for Omaha Street Corridor – Memorial Park Renovation Project No. PR03-1287
19) No. PW082906-12 - Request for Authorization to Revise Intersection Control at Anamaria Drive and Alta Vista Drive
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) No. 06SE002 - Elks Country Estates - A request by Sperlich Consulting for Steve Zandstra of Triple Z Real Estate LLLP to consider an application for an Exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual to allow access from the higher order street, to allow two access points in lieu of one and to reduce the access restriction on Padre Drive to 50 feet from the intersection of Jolly Lane on a parcel of land Located in the SE1/4, Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the intersection of Jolly Lane and Padre Drive.
21) No. 06RD001 - Section 28, T2N, R8E - A request by City of
22) No. 06RD002 - Section 28, T2N, R8E - A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Road Name Change to name the new extension of the existing Eglin Street lying south of the DM&E Railroad Right-of-Way and west of Elk Vale Road (U.S. 16B) Eglin Street.
23) No. 06RD003 - Section 28, T2N, R8E - A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Road Name Change to rename that portion of Cheyenne Boulevard lying east of Elk Vale Road (U.S. 16B) as Eglin Street.
24) No. 06VE020 - Bradsky Subdivision - A request by Centerline, Inc. for DJS Holdings, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on access easement adjacent to the north edge of
25) 06TP018 – Preliminary Cost Estimates/Funding Projections (Street and Drainage Improvements Only) for
26) Appeal of 40 Unit Rule –
27) Appeal to Eliminate Manholes –
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION