ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) No. PW021505-01 (No attachment) Traffic Signal at
4) Copperfield Utility Rates Alderman Kooiker. (Continued from the
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTORS ITEMS
5) No. PW101105-01 - Award informal quote to install a portion of sewer force main in the Brookfield Development
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
6) No. PW101105-02 -
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) No. PW101105-03 -
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
8) No. PW101105-04 - Agreement between Pat Tlustos and the City of
9) No. PW101105-05 - Agreement to Exchange Federal for State Funds For Construction of Project P 1648(00), PCN H020 in Rapid City, SD between South Dakota Department of Transportation and the City of Rapid City.
10) No. PW101105-06 - Agreement To Allow A Portion Of
11) No. PW101105-07 - Amendment No. 2 to the Professional Services agreement between TSP Three, Inc. and the City of Rapid City for the Mountain View Road Utility Reconstruction Project No. W05-1342; CIP #50350 for an amount not to exceed $10,600.00
12) No. PW101105-08 - Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Services agreement between TSP Three, Inc. and the City of Rapid City for the Mountain View Road Utility Reconstruction Project No. W05-1342; CIP #50350 for an amount not to exceed $44,800.00
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
13) No. PW101105-09 - Fare/Pass fare structure Discussion
14) RapidRide Connector Route As per City Council request. Request for recommendation on continuing route for balance of 2005. Supplemental appropriation, and authority to add 1.5 FTE's in 2005 will be necessary. (already approved for 2006) (Continued from the
15) Trapeze scheduling/routing software - Current implementation status
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
16) Discussion on funding sources for litter control at the landfill
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) No. 05FV011 - Red Rock Meadows Subdivision, Phase II - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence in a front yard setback on a Tract of land located in the NW1/4 NW1/4, Section 28, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more particularly described as follows: beginning at a point from which the Section corner common to Sections 20, 21, 28 and 29 bears S88º1401E, a distance of 1285.76 feet; Thence S00º0424W a distance of 38.00 feet; Thence S89º5537E, a distance of 114.67 feet; Thence N00º2222W, a distance of 48.00 feet; Thence N89º5537W, a distance of 104.29 feet; Thence S45º0422W, a distance of 14.14 feet to the point of beginning: said Tract containing 0.13 acres, more or less., more generally described as being located at the northeast terminus of Dunsmore Road.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION