ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 13, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Drainage Problem at
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
4) Sewer Line in the 500 Block of
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
5) No. PW091305-01 - Approve the Informal Quote for Project ST05-1272 Block 26 Alley Paving (N. Rapid Addition) to Simon Contractors of
6) No. PW091305-02 - Approve the bid award opened
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
7) No. PW091305-03 - Change Order #1F for the 2005 Street Marking Contract, Project No. PM05-1463; CIP No. 50593 to Dakota Traffic Services, LLC for a decrease of $1,071.97.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
8) No. PW091305-04 - Block 8 Alley Paving, W. Boulevard Addition Project No. ST03-1330; CIP #50595
9) No. PW091305-05 - Water Treatment Plant Roof Replacement Project No. WTP05-1525; CIP #50369
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
10) No. PW091305-06 - Professional Services Agreement between ASCG Incorporated of
11) No. PW091305-07 - Professional Services Agreement between HKM Engineering, Inc. and the City of
12) No. PW091305-08 - Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement between TSP Three, Inc. and the City of
13) No. PW072605-19 - North Deadwood Avenue Water Supply Update. (Continued from the
14) No. PW091305-09 - Resolution fixing time and place for hearing on
15) No. PW091305-10 - Approve a Resolution for Supplemental Tap Fees as part of Heidiway Lane Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS01-1061
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
16) No. PW091305-11 - Authorize Mayor to Submit Letter Requesting Release of
17) No. 05FV008 - Marshall Heights Subdivision No. 2 - (Updated staff report) A request by Wendel Ptratz of ProGroup, Inc. for Jim Keohler of JPK Hospitality to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence 266 feet long to be placed on the property line between Interstate 90 and the subject property on tract D, Marshall Heights Subdivision No. 2, located in SW1/4 of NE1/4; SE1/4 of NW1/4, Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 625 East Disk Drive. (Continued from the
18) No. 05RD003 - Section 9, T1N, R8E - A request by the City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Road Name Change of the south end of Elk Vale Road to Lancer Drive on a portion of Tract D, located in NE1/4 NW1/4 Section 9; and Tract A, located in the SE1/4 SW1/4 Section 4; and the NE1/4 NW1/4, Section 9, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as Elk Vale Road between Turbine Drive and East Highway 44
19) No. 05VE017 - Skyline Drive Subdivision - A request by Greg Wierenga, CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Pam Murray to consider an application for a Vacation of Non-access Easement on
20) No. 05FV009 - Jackson Park - A request by the City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high chain link fence within the required 25 foot front yard setback on Lot 1A, Lakewood #1 and Lots 5 and 6, Jackson Park, all located in Section 8, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Guest Road and Red Rock Canyon Road
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION