ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 28, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Parkview Softball Complex landscaping and irrigation – Dan Wolken
2) SDSM&T on behalf of the Higher Education Center –
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Electronic Sign brightness – Alderman French. (Continued from the April 12, and the April 26, and
4) Turning lane for Arrowhead Country Club and Sandstone Ridge – Alderman French (Continued from the
5) Traffic Problem at
6) Yellow Flashing Light Pedestrian Crossing on
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
7) Infiltration and Inflow study – (Continued from the
8) No. PW062805-12 - Solid Waste Operations Issues Discussion
9) No. PW042605-02 - Owen Hibbard Subdivision staff recommendation (Continued from the May 31, and
10) No. PW062805-01 - Utility System Master Plan Project Update
11) No. PW062805-02 - Award Informal Quote for
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
12) No. PW062805-03 - No. 1F to the 2005 Street Painting Contract, Project No. PM05-1475 to United Rentals Highway Technologies, Inc. for an increase of $299.63
13) No. PW062805-04 - No. 1F to the Whitehead Ballfield Improvements Phase 3 – Irrigation, Fencing Grading and Seeding; Project No. PR04-1428, CIP #50086 to Sprinkler Guys, LLC for an increase of $1,014.82
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
14) No. PW062805-05 -
15) No. PW062805-06 - Tennis Courts Resurfacing Project No. PR05-1523; CIP #50538
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
16) No. PW062805-08 - Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement between TSP 3, Inc. and the City of
17) No. PW062805-09 - Professional Services Agreement between American Engineering Testing and the City of
18) No. PW042605-12 - Snow Disposal Site Alternatives (Referred from the
19) No. PW062805-10 - Approve out of the dust funds for an estimated amount of $4,800.00 to pave a portion of an alley as located in Block 116 (
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) No. 05FV003 - Section 33, T2N, R7E - A request by Jon Dicks to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot four inch high fence within the required 25 foot front yard setback on Lot A of Lot 14 and the south 20 feet of Lot C of Lot 14, Acre Tract, Section 33, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 430 South Canyon Road.
21) No. 05FV004 - Dairyland Subdivision - A request by Jena McNabb for the Rapid City Softball Association to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an eight foot high fence in the Public Zoning District on Lot 4, Dairyland Subdivision, Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1625 Sedivy Lane.
22) No. 05FV005 - Northbrook Village Subdivision - A request by Shawn Dockter to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence within the required 25 foot front yard setback on , legally described as Lot 3, Northbrook Village Subdivision, Section 13, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4334 Titan Drive.
23) No. 05FV006 - South Robbinsdale - A request by Ingrid Lindberg to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a seven foot high fence in the Low Density Residential Zoning District on Lot 22, Block 4, South Robbinsdale, Section 7, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2422 Elm Avenue.
24) No. 05VE005 - Knollwood Heights Subdivision No.3 - A request by Dean and Marianne Neumeyer to consider an application for a Vacation of Drainage and Utility Easement on Lot 22 R, Block 8, Knollwood Heights No.3 Revised Subdivision, Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1522 Brentwood Street.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
26) No. PW062805-11 - Adopt